Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Great to see this one for C3.

I need ability to change each part manually like any Sprite object. Make frame animations, load pictures from URL, adding effects and other.

I'm building all my project in hope this will be here.

I won't need it most likely for regular characters, but protagonist must have great deal of customization.

Would be really nice to have it in Spring 2018. I have tons of work to do before that anyway.

It's probably not a good idea to invest work in features which may or may not ever exist. I can't promise if or when any of these features you hope for will be implemented.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's probably not a good idea to invest work in features which may or may not ever exist. I can't promise if or when any of these features you hope for will be implemented.

We can do all that I need in ?2 so what's the problem with C3?

No matter. I will achieve what I want regardless.

• >

> It's probably not a good idea to invest work in features which may or may not ever exist. I can't promise if or when any of these features you hope for will be implemented.

>

We can do all that I need in ?2 so what's the problem with C3?

No matter. I will achieve what I want regardless.

The ability to use separate sprites as you can do in the C2 version required a special import feature made specifically for Spriter that Ashley added into C2. He said something similar is on the todo list for C3 (but a more general feature that can be adapted for more purposes than just Spriter), but he hasn't given a timeline for that.

• Yeah I just tried to use Spriter for C3 and couldn't, because I didn't purchased it yet to export in spritesheets.

I will when Ashley does feature he did for C2. Thank you for clarifying this.

This will very much help me, but I can wait a year if needed. In worst case I can always fall back to C2.

Here so much work I can't even think of animations right now.

• lucid

Ashley

OK. I've purchased Spriter now.

Now I'm certain Ashley should make feature for C3. There's little use in Spriter without it.

I can see how spritesheet method can be better for simple characters on middleground & all background staff, but it can't do for more serious work.

Also Spritesheet method somewhy refuses to work both on C3/C2. I've done everything using your instructions with different models (Grey Player & Wonky Skeleton) and still nothing.

Using latest stable Spriter and C2 / C3, latest version of plugin for both.

• Also Spritesheet method somewhy refuses to work both on C3/C2. I've done everything using your instructions with different models (Grey Player & Wonky Skeleton) and still nothing.

Using latest stable Spriter and C2 / C3, latest version of plugin for both.

f you want to send me a basic capx where it's not working, I should be able to identify what's wrong:

• lucid

Happy New Year!

Well thanks to Ashley I can work on my project without worry as " custom importer API" development announced.

I just made some cool push out of the limits for myself with Construct 3.

All those things that could ruin my long-building project eventually are no more.

• Ashley

lucid

If I export to C2 as an HTML file then use C3's wrapper for a game for Andriod, will my animations run correctly?

Researching the best ways to get my app on Google Play seems to be to use C3 to publish a C2 game, but I'm worried about wasting time.

And, Happy New Year

• lucid I'm unable to get the addon working with the offline version of C3. I get the message "failed to install addon. Check the browser console for details".

Ashley do addons work the same way for online and offline versions of C3?

• Addons are saved locally and work offline.

• anxiously awaiting a Spriter - C3 solution Thanks!

• Me too! Consider at least one more purchase when it's ready.

• Exporting the animations to separate spritesheets and importing them to your sprite as animations should work? But its extra work you need to do.

I want to use many of the Spriter animations and some of the sprites I bought in my next project. Any news about the Plugin?

• Addons are saved locally and work offline.

Hmm, so I guess that means if you publish with Addons then the Addons won't export to other platforms Looks like if I am going to publish games onto Android it's safer just to animate in C2 or C3 locally then use C3 export service rather than risk animating with SpriterPro at this point.

Looking forward to an update.

• haddy22

Interinactive

Bl4ckSh33p

Just to be clear. The plugin should currently work for the preferred/better performing method, using a single spritesheet, instead of separate images. If you need to use separate images, I'm working on that. I asked Ashley a couple of questions in the SDK thread to help me proceed. In the future I'd like to add the ability to use more than one spritesheet per entity, but unless you have an exceptionally huge project, this shouldn't normally be necessary.

I apologize for my slow replies as of late, but despite outside appearances, rest assured we are working hard behind on the scenes on important updates for Spriter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)