KENYONB's Forum Posts

  • Over 100 downloads... Thanks folks!

    if you haven't tried it, please do and let me know what you think.

  • I'm aware of the circle option when using physics, which is a big help. That would be great if bezier curves could be added to C3.

    I also did some testing and increased the number of points (more than 8) and it didn't seem to slow down the FPS or increase CPU usage.

  • For complex objects, I want the collision polygon to be as precise as possible, but avoid adding too many points. For some, I need more than 8 points.

    Is it possible to use bezier curves in the collision polygon? Is this a feature that may be coming to C2? or is there another way to make precise collision polygons or rounded edges?

  • The capx file by A0Nasser found in this thread has a perfect example.

    Works for me!

  • The capx file by A0Nasser found in this thread has a perfect example.

    Works for me!

  • The capx file by A0Nasser found in this thread has a perfect example.

    Works for me!

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Has anyone figured this out? I'd also like to have my sprite change direction based on left/right horizontal sine movement.

  • This is exactly what I want to do, but can't figure this out. Anybody have CAPX file that demonstrates? or can show a screen capture of how the events should look?

  • ondraayyy what method did you use to export to ios?

  • ondraayyy try this tutorial to export an Android APK:

    https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/ho ... -crosswalk

  • Game is great. Feels like you increased the light of the torch to see the next ledge more? And I noticed more things to collect, which makes it fun. And again, the music is well done.

    PS-Thanks for the tips on the music software, but I think I may use Famitracker to make my tunes, once i figure out how to use it.

  • Howdy folks. My first game Ball Walker is available in Google Play:

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lker&hl=en

    [quote:1ivxioog]A physics based game that's all about balance, patience and maddening fun. Walk the ball across the finish line to win!

    Instructions:

    Press right to walk forward.

    Press left to walk backward.

    Don’t hit the ground.

    Cross the finish line to win.

    More levels, characters, sounds, and other good stuff coming soon… Feedback is welcomed.

  • Just played it. Nice game. Flows well. The graphics look good and the music fits the genre.

    The only comment I have is that there is definitely en element of luck to it, jumping to the next platform without always being able to see it, which can make it frustrating... but still playable.

    PS- what did you use to make the music?

  • I'll have dust off my old iPad. Why not make it for Android?

  • I too created all my own art, game play, and will add sounds. I first started with the concept, then fine tuned the gameplay and controls using rough sketches for the character and obstacles, then cleaned up the artwork when I was close to finished the first few levels.

    I've been using Trello to manage my game tasks and it's been working pretty well. I also use it in tandem with OneNote for drawings and more extensive notes. But Trello has been easy enough to use for task management and noting ideas when inspiration strikes, so you can keeping working on the task at hand. Also, re-sorting tasks is super easy. Try it out.