citron2010's Forum Posts

  • Flashback was, no IS such a great game. I just started playing it on my iPhone since they allowed emulators.

    I can't answer your question but I suspect you're correct that the two behaviors don't play well together.

    I've also thought about trying to replicate the same movement and think I'd have to build it from scratch rather than using any existing movement behaviors.

    I don't think platform behavior would work because in Flashback, movement is quantized whereas platform behavior is continuous.

    And tile movement doesn't deal with jumping/falling. Maybe you could disable tile movement during jumping/falling and move the sprite 'manually'?

    EDIT - just found this:

    spriters-resource.com/fullview/54385

    Also not sure custom movement behavior would help as it also look continuous.

    But I'm just rambling so not sure - I think I'm going to try this myself and would love to see how you get on.

  • Search for "audio analyser" in the example browser

  • Can confirm that on Samsing S24 Ultra & S41, the IAP dialogue didn't force portrait mode.

  • I'll ask some of my testers that use real devices.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My game's in landscape and Android's IAP dialogue DOES show in landscape mode and in the correct orientation - it doesn't force the screen to portrait. Note this is using the BlueStacks emulator.

  • Opened a version of my game (created late December last year) in v368.2 and reproduced the issue.

    I guess the next step is to dismantle the game to get a minimum project with the issue reproducible.

  • I built my current project using C3 v368.2 - the stable version before HTML layers were introduced. I had to save as a project folder then edit the version number in project.c3proj so it would open - I know that's unsafe, but it was just for a test.

    I still saw the error (specifically the one with the enlarged sprite - no. 1 in my original post), so I can rule out my theory that it might have been the new HTML layers introduced in r379.

    Next step is to see if I can reproduce the issue using a really old version of my project in the current c3 version.

  • Hi,

    I've noticed an intermittent bug where several graphic issues are present when switching to my game after it's been put into the background using task switching then resuming it after a while.

    Three issues specifically:

    1. One sprite whose top edge is anchored to "Viewport top" on a 0% parallax layer is shown enlarged maybe 10x so covering most of the screen - fortunately it's transparent so I can see and access controls beneath.
    2. Drawing canvas is not being displayed.
    3. A spritefont sprite sheet is showing - stretched vertically.

    Restarting the layout clears the issues, but that means the player restarting their game and losing progress.

    Problem has happened on both an iPad 6th Gen and and iPhone SE 2020 - both running iOS 17.4.1.

    I'm aware of this issue:

    github.com/Scirra/Construct-bugs/issues/7626

    And wondering whether it's related (as both that and my issue fall under the broad "graphical issues when resuming app" category).

    I don't think I'd seen the issue until a few weeks ago, so not sure whether C3 version dependent or not - or it could just be that my testing has been more intensive recently. I did wonder whether it was related to the recent update the HTML layers.

    Unfortunately, it's intermittent, and I'd have to create iOS builds each time to test.

    I will try some older versions of my game and of C3 to see if I can get any more clues.

  • I think it's because that second "Every 1.0 seconds" condition is under a triggered event so will only happen once when the key is pressed. Try replacing "On R pressed" with a "Key is down" condition.

  • I can think of a slightly indirect way to do it - maybe someone can think of a more elegant way? But check out the section titled "Tween actions - value" in the manual:

    construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/behavior-reference/tween

    Let's assume you just want to tween the sprite's x position and that its origin is a 0,0 and image point at 10,10

    Essentially what you do is start a "Tween (value)" on an object (doesn't matter what object it's on, but probably easiest to put it on the sprite you want to move) and importantly give it a tag.

    Then use condition "Tween: Is playing" using the same tag.

    Then in the actions for that condition, you can "Set X" of the sprite to:

    sprite.Tween.Value("tag_name") + 10

    (Adding 10 so it appears that the sprite's image point was used rather than its origin).

  • Not a direct answer, but alternatively you could load the fonts into the project or use sprite fonts.

  • Any reason you're doing this in C3 and not in someone like Inkscape?

  • Isn't this just a simple subtraction?

    Ultimate = 350 - bossHP

    Or if you want to normalize it so Ultimate ranges from 0 to 100

    Ultimate = 100 * (350 - bossHP) / 350

  • My guess is that there's a short amount of silence at the start of your sound, so it WAS playing, but you heard nothing because it kept restarting before the silence ended.