Chadori's Forum Posts

  • lucid

    It's great to have you back. We have experienced a lot of issues porting to / using Construct 3 with the current Spriter Plugin. But fortunately you're here now and aware of the situation.

    Thanks a lot for dealing this with pace. We look forward to the Construct 3 stable version.

  • Phacanu made a good solution for that.

    1. Include JQuery to the JS plugin.
    2. If you have a plugin that has code inside the instanceProto.OnCreate(). Turn that into an 'Initialize' Action. Then before using the plugin.
    3. Then, before using the plugin. Make sure to call the Initialization first. On Loader Layout, for example.

    That is for JQuery dependent plugins. Although, in your case. Just include JQuery into your project and use the JS plugin to include it on the runtime. And you are good to go!

  • Nepeo

    Currently, my Archive unpacked is 657 MB. This must be the problem, when extracted/inflated, the folder is 657MB in size.

    I thought, the measurement was determined by the Archive Size, not the extracted size.

    Regarding the APK Expansion files, that's a good point. Expansion Files may not be a guaranteed solution.

    It would be better to just download my assets from a server.

    Maybe Construct can make an easier future feature for that though. And even maybe, sell some server slots. Make a dedicated plugin, additional features and etc.

    But that is only a suggestion, the upcoming runtime might be more important.

    Although, it might be a better solution for Construct 3 developers than Expansion Files.

  • Nepeo

    Can you double-check the Cloud Build? Maybe there is just a small mistake on the limiter part. Maybe the limit is accidentally set to a smaller size, like instead of 500,000, it was set to 50,000.

    If not, maybe you can re-check and run some debugs or tests.

  • Nepeo

    I re-uploaded and connected to a faster internet connection I could get at the time. It uploaded in a minute, I think that is already acceptable. But I still get the error :

    Build Failed

    Error: archive exceeded maximum size

    Exact Archive Size is : 109mb. Rounded-off, I assume.

    Regarding the Expansion APK problem. Thank you for informing me, I actually wanted to talk about it with a Construct Developer. I think it would really be helpful for us Construct users if you could get us that feature as soon as you guys can. Construct 3 looks like it is evolving to be viable for large mobile projects as Mobile Devices are improving performance for HTML5 and Construct 3's sprite-sheeting and runtime upgrades are helping in furthering its acceleration.

    Although, for the time being, I do have a, not so clean solution, which include server-side implementation. Which is applicable since I am developing a multiplayer game.

    But testing still requires it to be locally stored, so I would need the Cloud Build.

    However, it would really benefit us all, if APK Expansion Files were officially supported. A time-saver, cheaper, and clean.

    Thank You, again.

  • Nepeo & Ashley, just in case you've forgotten.

  • lucid —

    New news.

    The Construct 3 - Spriter Plugin has problems with Sprite-sheeting. Construct 3 combines images including Spriter Images. So, what happens, is that, the SCML plugin can display the wrong image.

    So, the game developers that had ported from Construct 2 to Construct 3 also have broken games. Please, help us out on this by making a stable version of the Spriter Plugin.

    Thanks.

  • lucid

    New news.

    The Construct 3 - Spriter Plugin has problems with Sprite-sheeting. Construct 3 combines images including Spriter Images. So, what happens, is that, the SCML plugin can display the wrong image.

    So, the game developers that had ported from Construct 2 to Construct 3 also have broken games. Please, help us out on this by making a stable version of the Spriter Plugin.

    Thanks.

  • I recently just migrated my Construct 2 project to Construct 3 and I planned to test the cloud builder on Construct 3 with it. My Mobile Game .zip file has my estimate size of around maybe 180+ to 200mb+, I didn't get the actual size but it reached the archive size limit.

    Then, because of that, I removed the temporary files from my project, these were files for future easy modification and upgrades. And I got to an exact size of 108mb zip file size.

    Although, it still wasn't within the limit.

    Nepeo , I believe you are the one in charge of the Cloud Build to Local Build on Construct 3. I really need your help in the matter.

    Thanks.

    P.S. As a suggestion, would it be possible to increase it up to 512mb or more?

  • You do not have permission to view this post

  • dop2000

    Sorry, that was obviously a typo, I meant event sheet, not event list.

    I understand and agree that your solution is more flexible, but it's still a hack :)

    Thank You. Although, I don't see why it's a hack.

    Even if it is, it won't be a hack after an official support.

  • dop2000

    > That is very bad for the editor. I don't know if you've ever made a large project on Construct 2 or Construct 3 or any game engine.

    I have and you are not making any sense.

    Say I have an event sheet named "General Functions" with functions like "getValue()" and "setValue()", which I need throughout my project and therefore have to include it in all other event sheets. Which is a bit of a nuisance. What I'm suggesting is a single checkbox to mark this event sheet as Global. How is it different (performance-wise) from including this event sheet to all other event sheets?

    You should have just said Global Event Sheets. The Global List you've mentioned was misleading. You should've added more details, it could just be anything like a Global List of Events / Functions. Which is vague or different from your original reply.

    Anyway, you are asking for a feature that would instead limit functions to a single event sheet! You missed the point, that is not how modular events work.

    Here are some breakdown cases:

    • What if the function is needed to be close or under its Group or Mutual Events? If you move those to the Global Event Sheet, you break code organization.
    • You are missing the point. Because groups are the only reason there are pseudo block scopes in Construct 2 and Construct 3. And that is a key feature in modular events. And now you want to take that away from functions? You want them to be always global. We might as well use Includes. That is some redundant feature. As I've mentioned, don't add redundant features, that is bad for editors.

    My solution is far more practical, flexible and creative, with more possibilities. A Function plugin with an indicator, it is as easy as it gets. And we don't get to add more editor changes.

    But if you want to talk about additional features.

    Construct Team can even find a way to make a filter of functions available for every event sheet so that whenever you choose an event sheet, it only shows the functions you can call. Could even make it a separate plugin, could even add function dependencies to include other functions that might be required manually or even automatically.

  • IJCT

    you dont need to use include event sheet to call functions from other sheets o_o

    Of course you need to.

    Scoremonger

    ..but I suppose it comes down to how people want to organize their event sheets and name their functions.

    I just keep thinking I"d rather have that effort go into a scene graph, animation timeline, and event sheet-authored behaviors that we can share between projects. Those are things that would be widely useful and I find myself wishing for them on every single project.

    First of all I understand but I don't want to add more problems for the Construct Team before the new C3 runtime is released. I already have a C2 plugin ready for it called "Function_Advanced", and what you are suggesting would do more work when we already have a solution that only needs a port to Construct 3 because the current C3 SDK isn't available for this feature. And I can see the potential that Construct 3 can overcome the limitations with Function_Advanced had on Construct 2.

    dop2000

    I would probably like to see a different feature implemented - a Global Event List. When you mark an event list as Global and it becomes "visible" from all other event lists, without the need to include it. Would be useful for generic events and functions.

    That is very bad for the editor. I don't know if you've ever made a large project on Construct 2 or Construct 3 or any game engine. But as by experience, the more visual popups you have, the slower the editor becomes.

    That would slowdown the editor so bad. The key point for every game engine is to limit the performance overhead as much as possible and avoid redundant visual windows / visual lists that can have the potential to reach the number of thousands of object loads.

    With my current project with 2686+ objects :

    Construct 2 :: Visual Popup, Undo, Redo, Change Events, Image Editor.

    It takes 5 seconds to load.

    Construct 3 :: Visual Popup, Undo, Redo, Create/Change Events, Image Editor.

    All Objects Expanded: It takes 5 seconds to load.

    Some Objects Expanded: It takes 1 second to load.

    dop2000 So, what you are suggesting can really do more harm than good.

    Reference just in case you are curious:

    https://www.construct.net/ph/forum/construct-2/closed-bugs-22/poor-c2-editor-performance-on-131074

    I made the reproducable .capx there so I myself have witnessed the dire effects of too many visual popups.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You already have a thread going on this, why start another?

    The other thread got lost. Then I made another one. Then suddenly, someone replied to the previous one. So, it ended up looking like that.

  • dop2000

    > The Function_Advanced is fully compatible, just not available.

    > It's a very simple plugin, yet a masterpiece.

    > [...]

    > If it were, we could have done it on Construct 2 long ago.

    What are you talking about? What function_advanced, what plugin?

    Does a plugin that allows calling functions from another event sheet already exist in C2?

    It's on the link. Included on the Feature Request. I wouldn't have asked something that is not possible and tested.

    construct3.ideas.aha.io/ideas/C3-I-504