Why is stuff from asset store promoted on top of every topic?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ sprites for spooky / creepy game. Ideal for Platformer & Metroidvania games or Halloween.
  • I find it quite annoying tbh. That feature drives me away from construct 3 and makes me consider switching engines. I kinda get it why its there but there is already a asset store button users can click and I dont want the assets store to slowly mix in with the forms.

• I don´t mind it really but I think it´s perhaps a bit oddly placed, it splits apart the title from the first post. Maybe putting it below the first post would be better? If it really annoys you, most adblockers have a function where you can block an element on a webpage and it won´t show up anymore for you.

• I'd asked about this as well a couple weeks back - I think they're testing it out, though I'm not sure what the test is.

My two cents, trying to monetize your community isn't good and rarely ends well, especially if many of them are already paying.

And I totally support helping the creators, but over time this will likely make it more negative than positive for them. If this is a space for the community to help each other, i hope we let people opt-in to being sold that help.

• Most of these ads are distracting and annoying because they have nothing to do with the topic. I wouldn't mind seeing them in some posts, if they were actually relevant to the content.

• Most of these ads are distracting and annoying because they have nothing to do with the topic. I wouldn't mind seeing them in some posts, if they were actually relevant to the content.

I believe thats what they are testing.

I'm been taking a break from game dev, so have let my sub expire, but it would be annoying to have ads in a paid service.

The ad may be better placed at the end of the topic.

Also if the ad being content relevant works as well as the forums search engine, then they will be testing forever.

• I feel like the placement is super awkward for the ads. maybe it's because they look like a forum post? it seems like a sneaky way to force users to read the, even if it's not relavent to the topic at all. at least those ads are not in the actual engine!

• The next update disables these ads for anyone with an active Construct 3 seat

• The next update disables these ads for anyone with an active Construct 3 seat

But then you are targeting the wrong people. Why would they buy them for the free version?

The ads just don't make sense, only if its an option for people to see them if they want to.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tests show people do click and engage with the ads, so they are working. Some people said they don't like the ads, and you mentioned that you shouldn't include them with paid subscriptions, so they are now disabled.

I'll keep an eye on them and see if they continue to generate engagement or not.

• I do appreciate that you are disabling them for the subscribers, and i intend to subscribe again when i have enough free time to make it worth the price.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)