Metroidvania Game Kit (Templates)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • JouBqa Yeah that's one downside to having the rooms right next to each other and on the same layout. "Is not on-screen" is probably killing the player in the beginning because it doesn't exist on the first tick - it has to be created at the position of the Player_Spawn object first. So to use that you would have to check if it exists first.

I just can't get the "is not on-screen" to work. player just dies when starting the game. I tried checking if player mask, base or spawn are on Player layer first. I tried giving player mask a "created" boolean and setting it in eMain and checking if it's true in ePlayer before killing.

and the Player_Base Y > RoomZone.BBoxBottom thing is not good because you can't jump to a room below

• Just play other day

• So I went back into Construct 2 for the first time in a while today, and thought I'd finally crack open this game engine. I updated C2 and got the latest revision of Cave Runner, but trying to run it gives me the error in the attached screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/lzqf5IL.png

• So I went back into Construct 2 for the first time in a while today, and thought I'd finally crack open this game engine. I updated C2 and got the latest revision of Cave Runner, but trying to run it gives me the error in the attached screenshot.

https://i.imgur.com/lzqf5IL.png

That error is due to a long-standing bug with the NW.js plugin. It's only used for the window scaling which isn't pertinent to the kit so you can go ahead and delete it from the project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How would I get screenshake working with the way you have used scrolling within the project?

Just finding/getting unhelpful suggestions of "turn unbounded scrolling to yes" etc.

• Discmach You'll find the "camera" that sets scroll x and scroll y in eRoomSystem event 4.

At the end of those expressions, add a shake parameter (i.e. a value that randomly chooses a number between -8 and 8 and gradually evens out to 0.)

'Unbounded Scrolling' is already enabled. The camera boundaries are defined in the expressions mentioned above.

• Discmach You'll find the "camera" that sets scroll x and scroll y in eRoomSystem event 4.

At the end of those expressions, add a shake parameter (i.e. a value that randomly chooses a number between -8 and 8 and gradually evens out to 0.)

That's awesome, I was dwelling on the system event - scroll to, and figured there was nothing else I could do. Thanks :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)