Multiplayer signalling server (Tools)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create the right kind of drama with Film Scoring Tools sound library!
  • If you have to ask, don't buy it and just use the free signalling server we host for you. If you're asking these questions, it's unlikely that hosting it yourself will do anything better than our host.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi guys!

I am trying to create multiplayer game online but I have some problems.

Everything works really well in my LAN connection. The chat and the pong games of the Tutorial work great in my lan connection, between different computers and mobile devices. But, all in the same network.

When I try to connect also my mobile from is internet connection (and not my home wifi), it does not work. It says "connect as peer", but then it is kicked out after 5 seconds.

Do you know why? Do you think that this server could help or it is another issue?

Thank you very much!

• Hi guys!

I am trying to create multiplayer game online but I have some problems.

Everything works really well in my LAN connection. The chat and the pong games of the Tutorial work great in my lan connection, between different computers and mobile devices. But, all in the same network.

When I try to connect also my mobile from is internet connection (and not my home wifi), it does not work. It says "connect as peer", but then it is kicked out after 5 seconds.

Do you know why? Do you think that this server could help or it is another issue?

Thank you very much!

I also encountered this problem and am currently looking for a solution!

• Read the multiplayer tutorial series, which covers connectivity.

• > Hi guys!

>

> I am trying to create multiplayer game online but I have some problems.

> Everything works really well in my LAN connection. The chat and the pong games of the Tutorial work great in my lan connection, between different computers and mobile devices. But, all in the same network.

>

> When I try to connect also my mobile from is internet connection (and not my home wifi), it does not work. It says "connect as peer", but then it is kicked out after 5 seconds.

>

> Do you know why? Do you think that this server could help or it is another issue?

>

> Thank you very much!

I also encountered this problem and am currently looking for a solution!

According to the official documents, using the turn server can solve this problem, and I have successfully tested it. But I encountered other problems, such as the rules for entering the room (the first one is the host), disconnection and reconnection (in case of disconnection of the host), and I hope that the host can send it to the server, which then forwards it to other players... These are still under study...

• Could this be included inside the game and executed through the Browser object to enable LAN for a game? I know that LAN will work even with the official server, but that still needs you to connect to the internet. if possible I would like to start the server on a local IP for others on the network to join.

• ah after purchasing it I see that you need to do some config work. so it won't work inside Construct. Oh well.

• I just buy the server on the store. I need to create dialog between Win10 app and android app with C3.

I change config.js with this :

server_host: "192.168.0.12",

ssl: false,

On my laptop which have node.js, it's working (I use room chat example to test it with ws://192.168.0.12)

On my android phone, I have "signalling error:error"

Any ideas ?

Ashley Tom

• I just buy the server on the store. I need to create dialog between Win10 app and android app with C3.

I change config.js with this :

server_host: "192.168.0.12",

ssl: false,

On my laptop which have node.js, it's working (I use room chat example to test it with ws://192.168.0.12)

On my android phone, I have "signalling error:error"

Any ideas ?

Ashley Tom

By the sound of it, your computer is executing as a local server/on a local network, but your phone is not likely connected to that network.

You need to check your configuration so that your phone will be connected to that local network and access the signalling server.

Otherwise, host the signalling server on a distant server over the internet, with a proper configuration for your laptop and your mobile to both access it through a proper URL.

• My android phone is on the same wifi network and I can ping my laptop

• My android phone is on the same wifi network and I can ping my laptop

Consider plugin your phone onto a PC and check for errors in the browser while executing the chat room example to possibly have more informations from the console :

Plug your phone to your PC through USB (be sure to activate USB debug mode on your Android phone) and in the Chrome browser on the PC, reach the URL "chrome://inspect/#devices".

construct.net/tutorials/checking-for-errors-in-browsers-5

• Hi,

I try :

remote preview or editor on android device

The page at 'https://preview.construct.net/local.html' was loaded over HTTPS, but attempted to connect to the insecure WebSocket endpoint 'ws://192.168.0.12/'. This request has been blocked; this endpoint must be available over WSS.

apk

Multiplayer.ErrorMessage gives "error" only

web server on android device + html export

it's work.

• Hi,

I try :

remote preview or editor on android device

The page at 'https://preview.construct.net/local.html' was loaded over HTTPS, but attempted to connect to the insecure WebSocket endpoint 'ws://192.168.0.12/'. This request has been blocked; this endpoint must be available over WSS.

The message basically says that the security protocol for the signalling server (the secured layer) is not activated.

Possibly a server configuration issue.

Attempt to connect to 'wss://192.168.0.12/'

Make sure that your node.js server supports and serves WSS protocol.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)