Wow Gold!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Gather as much gold and gem as you can from underground!
  • haha Gotcha!

Any way if this post doesn't get arbitrarily deleted, here is a Warcraft type font I made up for the bitmapfont object.

Import as 100 height, and 150 width.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/666516/lifecraftfont.png

And a cap to show it off.

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/666516/wowgold.cap

If anybody finds a font they want converted, or just some style applied I'd be happy to help out.

Im looking to add some fonts to the resource site any way.

• You're evil, you know that?

That beside, that font looks nice! Thanks for sharing it.

• Evil?

Ok perhaps I should have put Free Wow Gold!.

heh Thanks

• I hope all the wow servers blow up and the game never returns after that.

I hate that game more than anything in the world. It should just go fucking die and be forgotten.

• I hope it stays alive, so that half the Internet is too busy grinding rather than posting lame stuff all over boards.

• yeah, talk about overrated garbage

for how much money they make a month

that game should be something totally amazing by now

it's like a glorified flyff

which is free

• Never played it myself. I have played FLYFF before... I kinda liked it. Untill it ate my video card with some farver beans, and a nice chianti.

• I don't think that millions of players would really agree with your assessment of quality. Firstly, WoW runs on most computers due to relaxed system requirements, while most new games nowadays require at least a multi-core computer with latest graphics card. The new upcoming games will require at least PS4.0, which would force gamers to upgrade their hardware.

Moreover, WoW is a social game. It is like TF2 minus headshots, plus actual socialization. People that aren't too successful in real social life suddenly find themselves comfortable on an online game, where nobody can see your acne, dirty clothes, smell your bad mouth breath or stuff.

And lastly, WoW is full of content, there are numerous things to do for each type of gamer, not to mention that it is continuously expanding.

I would know, I've been playing WoW for years. I've quit only because I wish to do something productive in my life for a change other than leading a raidguild. Besides I've seen everything there is, WoW has gotten repetitive and it begun catering to majority. My experience has been watered down.

So while I await Star Wars: Old Republic, I am writing a novel and attempting to make something productive in Construct without running into a fatal creator's block.

Don't diss WoW, it is like a succubus. Either you resist her fully or she snares you for a long, long time. She's being very successful, y'know.

Oh, the biggest thing I disliked about WoW - its subtle transition to additional pay business models. Rename your character, change gender, change realm, TCG cards... everything for money. Upcoming faction change. For money. In addition to the constant gold seller spam.

While the player has just become a number.

Fuck that golden goose, I'm happy with my dirty old hen.

• I understand why wow can be fun mipey

[rant]

but I don't like it....at all

I also don't like that people pay monthly for a non-persistent world

think of 1,000,000 * 10

that's 10,000,000 a month

and that's not even nearly as much as they're getting

that game should be continually expanding

there should be new missions, new monsters, new towns, new continents

new bosses, new character classes, all the friggin time

without having to pay for expansions

I don't like that aquiring some new skill like blacksmithing

is a matter of finding a few items, which is basically the same way you do anything

to aquire any skill, go here, fight 20 of type 'a' monsters

a random number generator decides if they drop x

bring 5 x's to npc 'y', and you're as good as gold

that's pathetically basic, for the whole game to be that way

then leveling up

you just grind to be strong enough to grind on new stuff which makes you strong enough to grind on new stuff, ad infinitum

the fact that almost all mmorpgs are equally mind-numbing doesn't excuse the one with most resources to improve from not doing so.

the social aspects aren't a redeeming quality, because you can socialize in any mmo game

including the free one's

there's no reason multi-million/month revenue should add up to a glorified chat room

[/rant]

for what they could be doing, it should just be alot more is all I'm saying

• So why don't you send that rant to Blizzard or post it on their boards instead of cluttering the boards here? I assure you that the designers won't see what you have to say here.

Also, remember that designing and maintaining an MMORPG that has over 10 million subscriptions is no easy task at all. And Blizzard is definitely always improving the world, trust me on this

• [quote:26t1ykyn]So why don't you send that rant to Blizzard or post it on their boards instead of cluttering the boards here? I assure you that the designers won't see what you have to say here.

I don't post on the blizzard boards, because I am not a member of their boards nor do I intend to be

and to be honest they're making gazillions without my help so I doubt they could give a crap and half about my opinions

I'm also not cluttering the boards with anything

if you don't enjoy the spirit of open discussion then don't come to open topic

I know you work for blizzard, but that doesn't preclude me from speaking openly about my feelings to my other scirra colleagues

[quote:26t1ykyn]Also, remember that designing and maintaining an MMORPG that has over 10 million subscriptions is no easy task at all. And Blizzard is definitely always improving the world, trust me on this

I'm sure it's difficult

so is designing an operating system capable of supporting countless devices from several eras, as well as thousands of apis from said eras, with tens of thousands of hackers trying to exploit and destroy your OS, or compromise other users' privacy, with a userbase of hundreds of millions, but that doesn't stop people from criticizing microsoft.

wow is greatly overrated as a game, in my opinion. you don't do much at all, you just get to do it with other people. I don't see what all the fuss is about. for the millions a month they make, it could be better, and the users who have paid the full price of the game 5 times per year since it's inception should get the expansions free. what are they paying for actually?

anyway, on happier note, great job newt.

I'll use that on the example exes when I finally get around to the upgrade for the bitmapped font object

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't post on the blizzard boards, because I am not a member of their boards nor do I intend to be and to be honest they're making gazillions without my help so I doubt they could give a crap and half about my opinions

I'm pretty sure they do. This isn't about money, if you know how something could be improved, speak up and you'll be heard

[quote:1l67fz6z]I'm also not cluttering the boards with anything

if you don't enjoy the spirit of open discussion then don't come to open topic

I know you work for blizzard, but that doesn't preclude me from speaking openly about my feelings to my other scirra colleagues

Whoa, take it easy! I was just suggesting that it'd be smarter to post that critique on the Blizzard boards, where tons of Blizzard people will see it, that's all.

[quote:1l67fz6z]I'm sure it's difficult

so is designing an operating system capable of supporting countless devices from several eras, as well as thousands of apis from said eras, with tens of thousands of hackers trying to exploit and destroy your OS, or compromise other users' privacy, with a userbase of hundreds of millions, but that doesn't stop people from criticizing microsoft.

Again, I ddn't mean that in a harsh way - It's always good if people share their comments and critique, that's why I was suggesting you should probably copy 'n paste that stuff over to Blizzards boards, where Blizzard will actually see it.

• my sincerest apologies then

[quote:2ej35m51]So why don't you send that rant to Blizzard or post it on their boards instead of cluttering the boards here?

I misread your tone here, and I assumed you were telling me my post was unwelcome, like

"why don't you take that crap somewhere else, we don't need that kinda talk here"

I won't be so quick to react the next time.

• Nah, it's all good

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said 'cluttered' Sorry, my mistake.

A rant about products is always good, I'm sure the WoW team would appreciate hearing all your feedback if you're not happy with WoW. But this probably isn't the best place to talk about WoW... speaking of WoW... must resist... the urge...

• I hate wow not only because you have to pay to play it but you also have to pay to buy the games. So they are telling me that if I want to play a game i paid 50 dollars for I have to give them 15 bucks a month. Not to mention I have other personal reasons for hating it. First of which (and I am not kidding) My girlfriend left me for a guy she meant on Wow. We had been dating over a year and left me for a guy across the country. This was like a kick in the balls. Second I have lost other friends to it they start playing and just never stop. Third it almost got me fired from a job because A customer caught my manage playing on his laptop at work and he tried to say I was playing it even though I was off that day.

So yeah fuck WoW. I hope every goddamn server blows up in a fiery fire of hellish destruction to the point that blizzard would go bankrupt trying to rebuild the world(of warcraft)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)