Invisible on Playstore. How does my game have downloads?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello.

Like many here, I finished my first games, bought a developer account on Playstore, published my first game... And I found the cruel reality: My game does not appear in searches.

It was clear to me that being a novice developer with a simple game, not paying money for advertising... it was obvious that searches were not going to put my game in the first places, that was expected.

But I did assume that my game would show up in searches after 100 other games about it. That if someone swiped down the screen long enough they could find it.

I informed myself about ASO and although I am not an expert, I did the corresponding work with keywords, etc. But even searching verbatim for the full name of the game does not appear. How am I supposed to get downloads if no one can find my game?

This really discouraged me a lot. I was going to quit and abandon the other games I had half finished. After a few days the game starts having some downloads. Not much, 1 or 2 a day, sometimes nothing, sometimes 5... and so on.

It's not much, but it's something. The question I ask myself is the following:

How did I achieve those downloads? If the game doesn't appear in the searches I do, does Google randomly show some games like mine in the searches?

Does anyone know how this works?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you sure you released it in your own country? :D I would give it some time though.

• Are you sure you released it in your own country? :D I would give it some time though.

Yeah all countrys

It was launched in december. Now i have 5 casual games published. The same thing: didnt appear in searches but achieve a few downloads

play.google.com/store/apps/developer

Do you have games in Playstore? How is it working for you?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)