Is HTML5 failed to fulfill the promises?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • I�ve reading these reasons why HTML5 failed to fulfill the promises, there a thing why Facebook got rid of HTML5 and remake with native app for iOS.

http://spaceport.io/html5

I'm not sure what means the maturity of HTML5

• Well, a bit propaganda/marketing.

This advertisement states slow startup and poor performances of HTML5 on iOS, and it's true.

What's the article fails to mention is that those poor performances are mainly due to the bad support of html5 gaming/app on safari's iOS default browser (lack of WebGL support by default for instance).

It's marketing for a (apparently) working solution to convert flash apps to native apps.

That's a nice tool and solution for sure.

But HTML5 hasn't failed as much as the article wants to state. On desktop computers, I think HTML5 gaming support in most recent browsers is more than decent.

Thanks to wrappers like cocoonJS and appmobi, I guess you can get decent apps on mobiles.

Also, at some point in the future hopefully there will be Firefox OS that will aim at low budget mobiles (and possibly at high end too for the more geeky/freedom-thirsty users) based on a linux core and providing a firefox browser as interface of the OS, supporting HTML5.

An alternative to Apple locked privacy policy and Google's "we trace you" policy.

So imo, the link you gave is a marketing text operating on misinformation to sell what could be a short-term solution today. But I don't think HTML5's state is as bleak as this advert likes to say.

• Oh that sites not biased at all.

/sarcasm

• Well, a bit propaganda/marketing.

This advertisement states slow startup and poor performances of HTML5 on iOS, and it's true.

What's the article fails to mention is that those poor performances are mainly due to the bad support of html5 gaming/app on safari's iOS default browser (lack of WebGL support by default for instance).

It's marketing for a (apparently) working solution to convert flash apps to native apps.

That's a nice tool and solution for sure.

But HTML5 hasn't failed as much as the article wants to state. On desktop computers, I think HTML5 gaming support in most recent browsers is more than decent.

Thanks to wrappers like cocoonJS and appmobi, I guess you can get decent apps on mobiles.

Also, at some point in the future hopefully there will be Firefox OS that will aim at low budget mobiles (and possibly at high end too for the more geeky/freedom-thirsty users) based on a linux core and providing a firefox browser as interface of the OS, supporting HTML5.

An alternative to Apple locked privacy policy and Google's "we trace you" policy.

So imo, the link you gave is a marketing text operating on misinformation to sell what could be a short-term solution today. But I don't think HTML5's state is as bleak as this advert likes to say.

Good, i believe everything what you told, thanks for clearing that.

• People often complain about HTML5 for apps. Those complaints aren't really relevant to games - I think our games are working great using a HTML5 engine.

• It looks like propaganda. They need to knock down the competition to make their product look more desirable.

HTML5 has not failed. It's a work-in-progress. What they mean by not matured is that HTML5 is still being revised and improved upon. W3C plans to release a stable HTML5 recommendation by the end of 2014. An HTML 5.1 specification recommendation is expected by the end of 2016.

• Spaceport says HTML5 is no good? Funny - Robert Nashak (BBC Worldwide EVP Digital Entertainment) says: ?Spaceport is the leading HTML5 game development platform". Looks like smoke and mirrors to me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • HTML5 made no promises. It's peoples expectations that are being hurt. For games i think HTML5 is more than powerful enough right now. For apps it still falls short. Though there's many talented people working on it. The critical thing about HTML5 is support. That's the thing.

• The initial timeline to finish development of HTML5 was 2022.

W3C is only now saying that it's aiming to finish it by 2014.

So all the promises were meant to be fulfilled in 10 years, I'd say what HTML5 already does is pretty amazing then.

Source

• Awesome, it looks HTML5 is new Java without plugin

• I'd never even heard of Spaceport before this...

Looking at the site, I'm still not sure what it is. Looks like a Flash-wrapper... yay?

• I've been making a living with HTML5 for the past 7 months

How? Could you tell a bit more about that? :)

• Nice marketing, spam every forum!

• Nice marketing, spam every forum!

I tought so, i didn't believe can earn 3000 for making a HTML5 game by 9 hours.

There a reason why he won't tell us how he did it until he sells books while he is earning money for making html5 games, it's kind of greedy.

• I didn't come here to market my stuff, but it just so happens that it is very relevant to the subject at hand. If I think a link is the best answer I can give, I'll post a link.

If you guys don't want my advice, don't ask for it.

Well, your advices were considered as useful info but i wasn't sure you are telling the facts.

Every your advices that goes a link to buy a book.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)