Godot Engine (open source 2d/3d engine)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total

I'm definetly excited about Godot.

Here is a really

Subscribe to Construct videos now

I'm liking their design philosophy more and more! Thanks for that!

neverk

Godot is really awesome. Thank you for have posted these useful links. I thought that I would be much more difficult. Okay, it's not easy, but as I know a little bit of Python, I can understand something about the structure of GDScript. After you start to create some scripts or even use other scripts of other programmers, you can reuse it for games with the same style, just changing the variable values. I've a question: I didn't find much information about how to create the applications. I know that I 'll need to export it. But in this case, how can I build, for example, for iOS? is it very hard? Could you point me some directions? Thanks in advance.

RBuster

I haven't build for ios yet. Have you checked this part of the godot manual:

http://godot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/_compiling.html

This is also a good place to find help:

https://godot-engine.zeef.com/andre.antonio.schmitz

Hope you find what you are looking for.

RBuster

I haven't build for ios yet. Have you checked this part of the godot manual:

http://godot.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/_compiling.html

This is also a good place to find help:

https://godot-engine.zeef.com/andre.antonio.schmitz

Hope you find what you are looking for.

The only thing I saw about visual scripting in Godot was a quick post in 2015 that talked about adding it in the future. The post didn't give a time frame. Any news on this anywhere? The one thing that drew me to C2 was visual scripting...I just can't get my head wrapped around writing true code.

Bleenx,

The answer to your question about visual scripting is here in the Godot roadmap, Core Engine #24....

Bleenx,

The answer to your question about visual scripting is here in the Godot roadmap, Core Engine #24....

Oh cool, thanks for that. It seems like a target later than even this year with all the stuff before it. Of course, I'm not sure how fast the devs work though. Has anyone talked about visual scripting for Godot in detail, like if it's gonna be similar to Playmaker for Unity or something as nice and convenient as C2? I saw that it said it would be similar to Blueprint for Unreal but I'm not familiar with that at all.

Bleenx, I haven't been following their forums closely so I don't know if it's been discussed. The editor already has visual scripting for creating shader effects and animation controls, so I imagine that it'll be like that (ie similar to Playmaker / UE4's Blueprints). Not as intuitive as c2's event system, IMO, but it'll be far better than learning to code!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Bleenx, I haven't been following their forums closely so I don't know if it's been discussed. The editor already has visual scripting for creating shader effects and animation controls, so I imagine that it'll be like that (ie similar to Playmaker / UE4's Blueprints). Not as intuitive as c2's event system, IMO, but it'll be far better than learning to code!

Ha.. right! I don't enjoy programming. I don't have the brain for it. If it weren't for something like c2, I'd be stuck watching C# tutorials on YouTube and trying to figure out Unity. Here's hoping Godot can do something that helps more artsy people with the visual scripting thing.

It's interesting to see where Godot went from 2014 till now. Version 3.0.1 was released a few days ago. Incredible how far they have come and it's a free/open source engine. Really quite amazing, getting about $7500 monthly in recurring revenue from Patreon + who knows what other donations.

Visual Scripting that was spoken about was added. Pretty much like Blueprints. Not like Constructs great system which I prefer to the Blueprints way, but cool nonetheless. I think more than anything Unity and GameMaker might have some real competition on their hands with this.

I think I'll download it and play around with it for a bit.

dbl post

> It's interesting to see where Godot went from 2014 till now. Version 3.0.1 was released a few days ago. Incredible how far they have come and it's a free/open source engine.

> Exporting to all major platforms including web. It looks like Deponia 4 was done in it for PS4.

> Really quite amazing, getting about $7500 monthly in recurring revenue from Patreon + who knows what other donations.

> Visual Scripting that was spoken about was added. Pretty much like Blueprints. Not like Constructs great system which I prefer to the Blueprints way, but cool nonetheless. I think more than anything Unity and GameMaker might have some real competition on their hands with this.

> I think I'll download it and play around with it for a bit.

>

Havok

Why quote yourself?

Your post makes no sense. Am I missing something?

Godot's editor and node system is simply fantastic. The only thing stopping me from going there is its performance is not as good as c2 + webgl. However, if you're not making an action platformer then it is simply outstanding! Hard to pick a best feature; perhaps the way you can animate anything in a spriter-like animation editor, or the node system, or the 2d lighting system, or the... etc .

>

> > It's interesting to see where Godot went from 2014 till now. Version 3.0.1 was released a few days ago. Incredible how far they have come and it's a free/open source engine.

> > Exporting to all major platforms including web. It looks like Deponia 4 was done in it for PS4.

> > Really quite amazing, getting about $7500 monthly in recurring revenue from Patreon + who knows what other donations.

> > Visual Scripting that was spoken about was added. Pretty much like Blueprints. Not like Constructs great system which I prefer to the Blueprints way, but cool nonetheless. I think more than anything Unity and GameMaker might have some real competition on their hands with this.

> > I think I'll download it and play around with it for a bit.

> >

>

Havok

Why quote yourself?

Your post makes no sense. Am I missing something?

Yup, I accidentally did that somehow in doing an edit it seems.

Godot's editor and node system is simply fantastic. The only thing stopping me from going there is its performance is not as good as c2 + webgl. However, if you're not making an action platformer then it is simply outstanding! Hard to pick a best feature; perhaps the way you can animate anything in a spriter-like animation editor, or the node system, or the 2d lighting system, or the... etc .

Do you mean with regards to HTML5? I think they use WebAsembly?

Or do you mean generally speaking?

Havok, I mean generally speaking for desktop. There are some bunnymark tests kicking around that show, with limited fidelity, that if you have an action game then you're going to meet limits in Godot before you do in c2 with NWjs. Now, that hugely depends on what it is you're looking to do. A point and click role play, some sort of non-action RTS - then Godot is probably the better option for you, just in terms of modularity and the ability to use nodes and scenes (prefabs). If you're looking for bullet hell madness and collisions are not too important then c2 is totally up to it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)