BlackBerry 10 and Construct 2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Creepy Sprite Font suitable font for your Dark/Horror/Halloween games.
  • this year I developed 1 game for the Playbook using the native dev kit in c++

would love to see an option in C2 to export and package to webworks for the Playbook as the setting up looks long and tedious (last time i checked). Or maybe if there's a step by step guide, I wouldn't mind doing it manually.

when is Playbook planned to be upgraded to BB10 OS? This would be the ultimate solution as with 1 codebase we can target both playbook tablet and bb phone. we just have 2 resolutions and that's it.

• jeddtobee: Thanks for that feedback. I'll add that to my testing and feedback for our dev teams.

kenli: Thanks for the direction, I'll check that out for sure. I may have to put a pin in it for just a little bit until we iron out some of the core functional issues. But I'll definitely explore Clay.io.

bjadams: Unfortunately no date on when PlayBook will get BlackBerry 10 yet but it most definitely will. It will be some time after the initial launch, but I can't speak to a timeframe just yet. Agreed though that once the platforms are sync'd, it should make devs lives even easier.

Thanks all!

• Hello everyone! I've got the AlphaB device back from JamAsia in Bangkok and play with it for a while. (Both making test project on Native C++ and using a Cascades) But, my real goal is to make a simple game on BB10. So i change my focus to Construct2's HTML5 export feature.

I've tested export some example project to my device (platformer and Ghost shooter) with framerate around 20-30fps and some texture stretching issue on WebGL setting. Is there anyway to avoid that?

And also, rightnow, the project I export to the device still behave like a 'web page' like, when i touch and drag on the screen it keep dragging the game screen around. I'd love to know how to fix that. Is it in the config.xml setting somewhere?

And anyway, touch input tutorial on the site is awesome :) and RIM you're really open and try to get close to us developer. I really appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • gumustdo: have you setted your project's property to fullscreen ?

If not, have a look at this tutorial and this manual entry.

• Thank you Kyatric! with fullscreen setting to scaled and inserting a 'touch' control. it's works! :)

• Merry Xmas!

Hi, we're in Hong Kong and we too have constructed servral construct2 games for the BB port-katon in hong kong. At first we thought it was a resolution problem, but when we got back and changed everything to a BB 10 resolution we had the same problem that serveral animation generated were all distorted when viewed on BB10. (Held on 22 Dec 2012)

The HTML5 worked fine on chrome and safari, but when we just simplily load the HTML 5 on BB10 browser we could see all distortion etc. We couldn't tell under what circumstances that that graphic might get distorted, just wondering if anyone has any pointer to this.

• oh. regarding this, i realized it's the "enable WebGL" problem. Although, the missing background is still a problem :)

• wolvensheep

Please try resize your problem sprite textures into power of two size eg. 16*16px, 32*32px, 128*128px and so on. You could enable WebGL by that. And it will solve texture skewing issue too.

Btw, Do you able to get your game running smoother than. 30-40 frame/s ?

• Noted with thx Gumstdo.

Another thing I'm not sure if it's Construct2 or BB10's problem - I'm having problem uploading the zip file to BB AppWorld ... it tells me a bunch of binary errors etc (and list out the whole list of png files used)... wonder if anyone came across those before?

(Edited: heee I found my solution again... BB stuffs... the .zip need to be uploaded manually, do not use the one that Ripple generates...) :)

• about power of 2 sprites... doesn't C2 automatically put all sprites in a spritesheet and size it accordingly?

• I've been away from technology for the last week and really appreciate the discussion going on above. I'm hopeful that the next OS release for BB10 will have an inherent answer to the Power of 2 issue; as long as it's not dependent on a larger fix, initial testing looks likely but I can't confirm all of the updates that make it into a release.

With regards to panning, this will occur if any content stretches beyond the dimensions of the screen. Will keep the fullscreen setting in my back pocket :-) Again, thanks all for the great discussion.

• Can you tell if you've talked to Scirra about the exporter?

• Yup, I've discussed the exporter with Ashley. The previous round of BB10 OS updates had some larger rendering issues that prevented some solid testing. I've been firing along issues to our teams but a few are still outstanding. That being said, we'll see how this week's update looks and hopefully it will prove more viable for testing.

• Yup, I've discussed the exporter with Ashley. The previous round of BB10 OS updates had some larger rendering issues that prevented some solid testing. I've been firing along issues to our teams but a few are still outstanding. That being said, we'll see how this week's update looks and hopefully it will prove more viable for testing.

WaterlooErik I have tested the new update BB10 OS v10.0.9.2320 yesterday (January 11th 2013).

And the rendering issue with previous OS has been solved.

My HTML5 game built with Construct 2 appear normally.

Awesome works, BlackBerry HTML5 WebWorks teams! :)

• Just wanted to give a shootout to WaterlooErik for the amazing support during this past weekend's Blackberry 10 appPort-A-Thon. Not only does BB have amazing support and resources for their devs but also an amazing team in the Html5 Webworks dept.

I would encourage all C2 users to give Webworks a try as it works really well with Construct. I will be revealing details about my game closer to the Blackberry 10 launch. The game renders excellent in the new BB10 alpha devices and playbook all just within the browser...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)