What is Spriter like?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Spriter
$59 USD
Spriter is the Ultimate 2D Game Animation Solution
  • Thanks for all the info, guys. I'm gonna start using it today finally.

• Seriously Speiter worths it. Flash is just bad. It often crashes and it has fewer options for animation. Moreover flash has some incoherences for nested symbols animation and no real spritesheet export (it does not exporte rotations, effects...correctly)

I recommend Spriter. They have some outstanding stuff out there

• Thanks for the info on spriter. I'm sold on this and bought it like last week.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Even though Flash has a skeletal animation system you won't be able to use it in construct, instead you will need to export each frame as a separate image...[ ]

Small correction: Flash CC and CC2014 no longer have any bones - the skeletal animation system was removed due to the shoddy implementation. And only the latest version of Flash has a good graph editor.

You also do not have to use Flash to draw your character parts for later use in Spriter - any app that you can draw in can provide those, including InkScape, Illustrator, Krita, Photoline, etc. As long as those parts can be converted to bitmap cut-outs for import in Spriter.

• > Even though Flash has a skeletal animation system you won't be able to use it in construct, instead you will need to export each frame as a separate image...[ ]

>

Small correction: Flash CC and CC2014 no longer have any bones - the skeletal animation system was removed due to the shoddy implementation. And only the latest version of Flash has a good graph editor.

You also do not have to use Flash to draw your character parts for later use in Spriter - any app that you can draw in can provide those, including InkScape, Illustrator, Krita, Photoline, etc. As long as those parts can be converted to bitmap cut-outs for import in Spriter.

Cheers, I didn't know that Adobe had removed it - haven't checked Flash out for a while - seems like a step backwards, but it's true that the skeletal animation system in Flash did leave a lot to be desired and it was difficult to get a nice workflow going with it.

• Cheers, I didn't know that Adobe had removed it - haven't checked Flash out for a while - seems like a step backwards, but it's true that the skeletal animation system in Flash did leave a lot to be desired and it was difficult to get a nice workflow going with it.

Have you ever tried Anime Studio? A very good 2d character IK system - a shame we cannot export the bone animations to fbx, and/or keep the parts. But great for animated bitmap-based character sprites.

• I finally got around to using it extensively, yes, it has a lot of AWESOME features like the bones and joints, really enjoyed using that.

I don't know if its my wacom tablet or the program running on windows 7, but I gotta click extra hard to pick up anything. I heard it works better on Linux. Guess I have reason to use a virtual box for game development.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)