Sprite Font Generator - v3

From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • METR1C you could probably circumvent the restriction and achieve that look by having three different spritefonts:

• Blue with no outline
    • White with white outline (8 pixels?)
    • Gray with gray outline (16 pixels?)

..And setting them on top of each other (in that order, blue being on top) in the editor. You would possibly have to play around with the character spacing values a bit and it's not a very efficient solution to have three stacked spritefont objects, but should be possible..

• Is there a way to include Italics, Bold, and Bold Italics into the font? I can't seem to figure out any way to use these with spritefonts, due to the need for character mapping

• Evdog

No. You have to keep in mind that a SpriteFont is not really a font. It's just a trick to map characters to sprites that happen to have character images. There is no concept of Styles on a SpriteFont.

• blackhornet

Hello, how to save low-scaled pixel fonts without aliasing? For example, i want to save pixel font with scale 8px and after saving it should looks like pixel font, not like soap.

• You'd have to do them yourself, at that size.

• Best tool evah!

• blackhornet I'm trying to make a spritefont that has the height of 7 pixels on the lower characters using the outlined version of this font: http://www.dafont.com/onesize.font but it always comes out missing bits, and I have to use version 1 to do it without anti-aliasing. Any idea how I can get this done?

• Zebbi

The tool just isn't meant for pixel fonts. Sorry.

• Zebbi

The tool just isn't meant for pixel fonts. Sorry.

No problem, are there any spritefont tools that would do a C2 compatible pixel font?

• Hey blackhornet, I'm not sure you're aware of that and I thought you might want to know.

There is a problem with Thai language. They have some kind of "half letters" and when GYFM filters the input to remove duplicates it changes Thai letters and the sprite font can't be used properly. I'm not sure how Thai letters work and if you'd be interested in investigating that (I belive it would take some time), but I think the quick workaround would be to give an option for automated filtering (duplicates removal) or manual. So we could just paste the letters we use and export them without filtering.

I think other Asian languages with "combined characters" might have the same issue.

• Thank you very useful

• Hey, buddy.

Will this work if a user does not have this installed? Does the user have to have anything installed like Net 4.0, etc.?

Kudos to you for making this.

I normally don't use plugins of any kind because they break easy with updates, etc.

I'm looking for something that's bulletproof in C2 from a user's perspective.

My nightmare scenario would be someone trying to play the game and the spritefont looks all screwed up for him because of this because he did not have something installed or maybe because I had to re-release the game with a newer version of C2.

If this is something that could potentially break easy from a user's perspective, I can make something just for my font with C2 native code.

Sorry, this isn't meant to bust anybody's bubble or anything. I'm just really weary of plugins based on past experience. And I believe I may have answered my own question.

Unless that's not the case?

• AmpedRobot

Nothing is required on the user end. The .Net4 requirement is just to run the tools itself.

• Oh, then it's a really cool plugin.

Thank you, man. !!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for this tool !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)