Native Compiler (Alpha) Blog By Tom

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo

> tomsstudio

>

> You've got my attention here.

>

> Regardless what ashley officially said about your project you never know...

> But I have to agree with him in one thing, be sensitive of how you present this and what hopes you raise.

>

> Best wishes

>

>

I understand your concern. My policy is only when i have a feature being developed then i can say 'hey look x has this feature'.

But what i can say is that i'm dedicating half my time to this, the other half going towards my game i'm making.

I'm fortunate enough with my wonderful family that i can dedicate a lot of time to this project.

I Really like that answer,

Good luck again

I look forward for news..

This is interesting idea.. The Xml is the 'source' in a sense that it has the necessary data and not (much) extra fluff. Of course implementing everything (or at least most) C2 can offer will take quite a while, but I like the effort.

So you'reusing Monkey? That's nice, it is a really nice language.

Now for a bit of inception, imagine an html5 C2 project re-compiled to html5 through Monkey

Keep us updated

So you'reusing Monkey? That's nice, it is a really nice language.

Now for a bit of inception, imagine an html5 C2 project re-compiled to html5 through Monkey

Keep us updated

nooo my brain XD

It would probably be better if tomsstudio had a small team of volunteers to help him out since it seems such a big task for Scirra to take on. I would rather them work on this then multiplayer, gosh I don't even want to think about the complications that's going to cause. I can't even post scores on Facebook from my android game..

It would probably be better if tomsstudio had a small team of volunteers to help him out since it seems such a big task for Scirra to take on. I would rather them work on this then multiplayer, gosh I don't even want to think about the complications that's going to cause. I can't even post scores on Facebook from my android game..

Posting to facebook shouldn't be too hard to implement

The biggest help when things go into beta will be people submitting games to test.

The biggest help right now would be knowing what features people want the most, and of course there support

**Update 12th March**

Added Targets: Windows, Mac, Linux via GLFW

Added Possible Targets: XNA (xbox360), PSM (PS:Vita) **I say possible because i don't have the hardware to test, but the engine supports both targets**

Looks like Webgl effects is going to take a while, so going put those on back burner.

Everything else is coming along nicely.

Got a very basic version of cloud compiler working, still mostly concentrating on features.

For myself i'm having a lot of fun making this.

However, winter is coming (game of thrones), must not get too distracted

*Spelling ><

Oh and the person who pm'd me:

I need 240 more rep to reply

So beta not too far away i hope, working closely with developers will be the most important part.

tomsstudio : If I am not mistaking, reading the manual actually gives you rep (and since your are doing this, I expect that the manual will be helpful ^^)

I am not sure I could help a lot with testing, I have a little mobile game right now, which adapts itself to the aspect ratio, and a weak phone, so I should be able to test that

(PS:if you are targetting android devices, which version of the OS?)

Its almost 3am here,

but i know the minimum required is android 3.2, so i think most above that

Ill check the engine docs and get back to you with a more definitive answer

tomsstudio I am very interested in your project here, and will be watching it as you develop. If you need any help with test projects, just let me know. I am mostly just interested in iOS and Android.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I'm with the clown...I can't wait for this to arrive!!

Sounds like you're doing a great job!!

This is totally going to be sweet!

You've created another Awesome reason to use Construct 2

Can't wait to beta test -- --

Let us know if you want help... ---

tomsstudio

Alright so your making a new compiler from the XML event sheets. Kudo's I thought about doing somethign similar in Java, but it was merely a passing thought.

So while the sheet is easy enough to convert on the logic flow. How are you handling the issue that the Plugin export code is still in JS. Do you have a JS to Monkey converter?

I also figured you would translate WebGL to OpenGL calls. What is important that the C2 render loop makes use of WebGL calls and that your translating the JS code into the other language. Besides GL, there is also the two major areas of WebAudio or more specifically what ever Audio system the langauge supports and WebRTC which I'm not sure has a direct UDP variation.

tomsstudio

Alright so your making a new compiler from the XML event sheets. Kudo's I thought about doing somethign similar in Java, but it was merely a passing thought.

So while the sheet is easy enough to convert on the logic flow. How are you handling the issue that the Plugin export code is still in JS. Do you have a JS to Monkey converter?

I also figured you would translate WebGL to OpenGL calls. What is important that the C2 render loop makes use of WebGL calls and that your translating the JS code into the other language. Besides GL, there is also the two major areas of WebAudio or more specifically what ever Audio system the langauge supports and WebRTC which I'm not sure has a direct UDP variation.

He doesn't use at all the exported JS, but rather the capx/project folder itself, and do equivalents of the official plugins through monkey (since the project folder contains just the names of plugins used, and how they are used, he should be able to make an equivalent of them)

For the unofficial plugins, not sure it can be handled at all like that, but not that it matters at the moment (pretty sure doing plugins for this could be possible, but we'd have to make them ourselves I think)

> tomsstudio

> Alright so your making a new compiler from the XML event sheets. Kudo's I thought about doing somethign similar in Java, but it was merely a passing thought.

>

> So while the sheet is easy enough to convert on the logic flow. How are you handling the issue that the Plugin export code is still in JS. Do you have a JS to Monkey converter?

>

> I also figured you would translate WebGL to OpenGL calls. What is important that the C2 render loop makes use of WebGL calls and that your translating the JS code into the other language. Besides GL, there is also the two major areas of WebAudio or more specifically what ever Audio system the langauge supports and WebRTC which I'm not sure has a direct UDP variation.

>

He doesn't use at all the exported JS, but rather the capx/project folder itself, and do equivalents of the official plugins through monkey (since the project folder contains just the names of plugins used, and how they are used, he should be able to make an equivalent of them)

For the unofficial plugins, not sure it can be handled at all like that, but not that it matters at the moment (pretty sure doing plugins for this could be possible, but we'd have to make them ourselves I think)

Exactly

Oh and Android min version 1.5, no max version according to Engine docs

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)