Native Compiler (Alpha) Blog By Tom

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo

So as I understand it then. C2 tool is just a programming IDE. The plugins themselves at this time are pretty much useless? So if I use say Dictionary, WebStorage, Platformer those are in effect not used at all.

Well good luck

So as I understand it then. C2 tool is just a programming IDE. The plugins themselves at this time are pretty much useless? So if I use say Dictionary, WebStorage, Platformer those are in effect not used at all.

Well good luck

jayderyu

C2 does not have any program language before exporting/previewing, just some xml file to retain the "state of the editor" combined with ressources, plugins are only really used when creating the Javascript (aka previews and export time). They are (by default) loaded only at the opening of a project, However, their non javascript part (list of actions and conditions) are still used.

So yes, C2 is the combination of:

-A powerful IDE that just references the plugins used (can save the project with "organising file" if I can say so)

-A exporter/previewer that can interpret the references used, and will call corresponding behaviors, effects and plugins (this is why you can update plugins so easily when updating C2 for exemple, because they aren't used in the IDE by default, just referenced)

(I am not being ultra precise here, just explaining)

here, the IDE part is still handled by C2, but the other one is handled by something else that tomsstudio is creating, and since the official plugins are likely to change not in their list of actions/conditions, but more in the way the javascript is at the end, that is not a problem (because the Monkey's exporter does not use the JS produced, if the JS produced changes, the Monkey's one will still load normally, maybe it'll need maintenance from time to time though).

EDIT: to be more clear: the exporter is reading the event sheets, the layout views, the ressources, and converts that to monkey language, I'm pretty sure a series of monkey equivalent of official plugins could be done in monkey language, so not a problem

EDIT2: Also I am wondering about using it in commercial project, I do not know if anything you are using is free to use for commercial projects or if there are conditions that apply/can apply one day

Alright,

A really big update

I am combining the current exporter into my own Game Studio software

What does this mean?

The combined program is written in Monkey language, which means the Studio program is fully cross platform! This allows cross platform cloud editing!

Example: Bob has a PC running windows, and a android phone. Bob uploads the game he has made to his studio cloud account, then downloads the studio software via google play store on his Android device. Once logged into his account, the software downloads his project to his phone.

Bob is now able to test the game on his Phone as if he just downloaded it from Google Play.

Other Example: Bob is away from his computer when he thinks of a really cool idea for his game. He gets out his phone, opens his game and put into dev mode, makes the change to the game which syncs back to the cloud.

In terms of pricing:

If you are a single indie developer, it is free to create an account and download the studio software on any of the supported platforms. Once synced, you can test your project on any device you have the software installed on, no messy cables or emulators, what you see when testing is how it will behave live.

The only cost will come when you want to export the project.

So Free: $0.00, ability to build and test projects on any device the studio supports. Ability to export only through my company, 20% commission taken.

First come first served basis on email support.

(1 user per account)

Basic: $5.00 for 31 days(1 month), $25.00 for 183 days(6 months), $40.00 for 1 year, $99 outright.

Same features as free + ability to export to any device the studio supports. + Ability to publish through my company at 15% commission(not mandatory).

(1 user per account)

Faster email responses that free users.

Pro: $20 for 31 days, $100 for 183 days, $160 for 365 days, $299 for outright.

Same features as basic + the ability for multiple users(up to 5) on the same account. + Ability to publish through my company at 10% commission(not mandatory)

Faster email responses than Basic users. + 1 hour per month of Skype support.

Super: $100 for 31 days, $500 for 183 days, $800 for 365 days, $1999 for outright.

Same features as pro + unlimited users. + Ability to publish through my company 5% commission(Not mandatory)

Faster email responses than Pro users. + 3 hours per month of Skype support.

Also starting a game publishing company that focuses on polished games. If you choose to publish through this company(not mandatory, except for free users), then the % commission taken will depend on member level.

Why would you want to publish through x company? We will take care of everything when it comes to publishing to the stores. We will continue to promote the game ever after its been published. Since the company will only publish polished games, you can be confident in knowing that any cross promotion will come from polished and fun games.

** ALL THESE FEATURES AND PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ACCORDING TO FEEDBACK **

Alright,

A really big update

Okay neat. Sounds good and all. What about Construct 2? Are you going to support C2 files to be natively compiled as per what sounded like your original idea?

> Alright,

>

> A really big update

>

> I am combining the current exporter into my own Game Studio software

> Okay neat. Sounds good and all. What about Construct 2? Are you going to support C2 files to be natively compiled as per what sounded like your original idea?

DatapawWolf

Absolutely

C2 is still my priority, so the IDE will come after native exporting.

Whats cool is the ability to import C2 projects, sync to account, then test on your phone/tablet to test native performance . Without the need for emulators and cables and sdks.

They can wait until your ready to publish

I am impacient to get the beta

Good luck!!

Do you have some links or info about yourself and your company or your Game studio software ? or even a website ?

Googling didnt really help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

>

>

> I am combining the current exporter into my own Game Studio software

>

>

Do you have some links or info about yourself and your company or your Game studio software ? or even a website ?

Googling didnt really help.

Not really,

For the last few months just been in my room or at uni just programming my heart out.

You can look me up on facebook (tom healy) to see who i am, doesn't have any info on my program though.

I'm not going to ask for any money until late beta minimum, at that point, there should be plenty of information

>

> >

> >

> > I am combining the current exporter into my own Game Studio software

> >

> >

>

> Do you have some links or info about yourself and your company or your Game studio software ? or even a website ?

>

> Googling didnt really help.

>

Not really,

For the last few months just been in my room or at uni just programming my heart out.

You can look me up on facebook (tom healy) to see who i am, doesn't have any info on my program though.

I'm not going to ask for any money until late beta minimum, at that point, there should be plenty of information

And when i say 'ask for money',

I'm probably going to put something up on kickstarter in a few months to help me finance the more difficult features, get servers, any additional hardware etc etc.

Will probably have half price outrights or something /lol

Lets get this straight.

Your business model is of a service type for exporting using software from another company that has already said they would not support what you are doing?

Um, are you sure you have thought this out completely?

Lets get this straight.

Your business model is of a service type for exporting using software from another company that has already said they would not support what you are doing?

Um, are you sure you have thought this out completely?

The new software is being written in Monkey, so no. <i mean yes!>

My program takes information from the save file of a construct 2 project. It then replicates the behaviors into functions, layouts into 'playfields', event sheets into logic code, all in the monkey language.

It then sends this data to the cloud server, which is running monkey, once server gets said information, it runs a .bat command line to monkey, monkey compiles MONKEY code into native code for whatever target. Server then sends compiled apk back to you. (this is for final build for publishing)

The new feature takes save file > converts to monkey > sends data to Studio app either running on, pc, mac, linux, ios, or android, and runs the data from a script import. Since the studio is built in monkey, what you see will be almost exact to what you would get through final build (minus ADs and IAP since these need actual testing). The feature allows to see what works, and what doesn't.

In terms of the company not supporting this, i can understand why, but i'm not going to stop and throw away 5-10 hours a day of work for the last 2 months.

Is it perfect? no, it still needs a lot of work. I might find out Ludei have come up with something awesome, or Crosswalk does really well, and then this will be pointless. But the option will still be available for those who want to use it.

Why invest hundreds of hours into RnD if i haven't thought it through?

But thank you for your concern

Quite a few tom healy's on facebook >_>

I asked for it, seeing as you have a pricing plan in mind and mention you have a company, but nothing online.

Looks a bitt odd, thats all.

>

> You can look me up on facebook (tom healy) to see who i am, doesn't have any info on my program though.

>

>

>

Quite a few tom healy's on facebook >_>

I asked for it, seeing as you have a pricing plan in mind and mention you have a company, but nothing online.

Looks a bitt odd, thats all.

I understand,

i should of mentioned i've just started a company(haven't decided a name yet), but the publishing through x company is long ways off, getting the actual program out in the wilderness is first priority

i expect 2 months of beta testing before any actual pricing system comes in

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)