Determining the origin of bought soundtracks on Asset Store

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Hey there,

I was wondering if there is any way to check if the music I purchased is 'original'?

I understand that it might be difficult to check this, but it's something I want to be sure about before submitting my games to publishers. I wouldn't want to get into trouble finding out the music I purchased on the asset store was stolen from somewhere else or otherwise illegally sold.

Or how do you guys deal with music (and possibly the same goes for sound effects) is there any way I can run it through a database or something? I can think of only two reliable ways to make sure you get legal music; someone created it for you specifically or use music that is free to the public. Personally, getting customized tracks doesn't seem feasible financially, and public domain music, well, everyone's already using that.

Otherwise, what trouble could I be in if the music appears to stolen etc? Would a receipt of the Asset Store suffice to prove your innocence?

Thanks!

Tagged:

• Hi Rudy,

In addition to sharing my music on this site, I also create custom music for indie game developers all the time and it's a lot more affordable than you might think. Feel free to message me. :-)

Eric

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for your reply, I'll keep it in mind. Out of curiousity, can you also create sound effects?

Anyway, what's your take on what I wrote in my original post? Since you seem to be in that business and all.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)