[PAID WORK] Connect with Twitch chat.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Chat with smart animals using the OpenAi Chat GPT 3 API
  • Hi,

I've heard that it is posible to connect a c3 project with Twitch chat using websockets. I know nothing about websockets so I can't do it myself, therefore what I need is simple:

I need a c3 project that reads every Twitch chat input and sends that info to a function. I will take it from here so that the function reads the info given and understand which viewer said what.

Thank you.

Tagged:

• Hi,

I think I can help you, have you an email for contact you?.

Kind Regards

Tomkart Games

• If you do like this, you will achieve what you want.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/integrate-twitch-construct-158828

• Well, thank you very much, Eren, this finally looks like the right way to go, but something is not working yet. Since I'm not used to work with logs, I used a text object:

As far as I know, this should change the text of the text object every time any user writes in my chat, yet all I got all the time, not changing, is the following:

"@badge-info=subscriber/26;badges=broadcaster/1,subscriber

:tmi.twitch.tv USERSTATE #justvoiceandgames"

I've tried my nick with it's caps and with all lower case, it's just the same.

Do I have to be steraming for this to work? Any idea about what am I doing wrong?

Edit: After some time, I guess about 5 minutes, text changes to:

"PING :tmi.twitch.tv"

• If you enter your own information as seen in the picture, it should work without any problems.

You can take oauth token from this site

twitchapps.com/tmi

example c3p

oyunkulturu.com/temp/twitch_chat.c3p

• I forgot to write "#" before my channel, now I succesfully connect and get the full message with "Welcome, GLHF!", "You are in a maze of twisky passages, all alike.", etc. , but still the text object doesn't change when I write in the chat.

EDIT:

Done, thank you very much!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

I think I can help you, have you an email for contact you?.

Kind Regards

Tomkart Games

Thank you very much for your offer, but Eren helped me already, so it's done :) .

• Eren

Is it normal for it to eventually lose the connection? I think it may be happening when the app runs unfocused. Am I doing anything wrongly? I need an app to be constatnly connected to Twitch chat even when the user is playing another game, is this posible?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)