C2 Match3-Game Optimize Collisions

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hello,

At first, this is a commercial project, so we will pay for your work! So if you are interested pls let us know, how much you want for your work.

We made a little match3-style game and have some performance problems with mobile versions (web-version is working, but for mobile there are too hard laggs).

Here the informations about the game-layout with laggs:

On start of the Layout I spawn 5 different sprite objects (53 * 55 px) and this so often, that there are 64 (8 * 8) objects on the field.

They have the "platform-behavior" and the "solid-behavior" so that they are falling down to the ground of the field automatically.

Than you have to click on 1 object (with mouse or touch) where 1 or more of the same obejects are next to it. And if you do this, the objects get destroyed and for each destroyed object a new one spawns, so that there are always 64 objects (8 * 8) on field. (simple match-3 game)

For all of these objects collisions is enabled and that's why there are:

-> over 250.000 Collision-checks / second

-> 4.000 poly-checks / second

-> 200 Moved cell / second

-> 16 cell count

-> 119 objects

Now we need to optimize this, because the 250.000 Collision-checks / second make some insane laggs on mobile / table devices.

For better information about the game we can send you the URL to the Web-Version-Demo.

Please contact me by PM.

Best regards.

Edit:

Link of Web-Version-Demo:(the Touch-Events in the game-mode are not enabled, just Mouse-Events)

island-saga.creative-gamez.de

If you cant send me a PM, here my contact-email: kevin.donhauser92 [at] web.de

• demo url will be useful, paste here and will have a look in mobile.

• ok, Link for Web-Demo and email for contact added.

• there is serious issue with the code and I not even able to play 1 time. This is killing player interest.

Not sure how the code was written, let me knowhow you want to go about this.

• I know that it's not working on mobile devices... I also know that it is because of the 250.000 collision-checks / second and that is what I need to fix

So at the moment the match3-items are sprites with solid and platform behavior and this makes the 250.000 collision-checks / second.

So it has to be changed that there are not so many collision-checks.

Best regards.

• Can you show your code ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yep there is a problem with code. you are doing something wrong.

Check this example bricklayer-milks-47242.bitballoon.com

• Hi,

thanks for interest and help, I have now someone who will optimize it for me.

Uniform: Your game also have very bad laggs on mobile device

best regards.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)