Story Idea...

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
An interactive story book template with narration, find hidden images, settings, pages, character interaction.
  • I am making a game that I believe has potential, but I came across a small problem: I have no story-line. The general game idea (and name) is this:

Two Men - One Staff

Two men try to fight their way out of a dungeon and escape with their lives. One problem: they are unarmed. They manage to make it out of their prison cell and into a large cave complex where they find the staff. However, there is only one, so they must share it by passing it between each other and working together.

Several things I need answered.

1. How did they end up there?

2. Who are they fighting?

3. Main boss(es): why do they want the staff?

However, I only need these just to get me started. If you give me an ending, it won't be a surprise and I won't be able to think of another one. I would like to do that part. I am welcome to any suggestions, and am hoping for at least a few before I pick one.

Thank you for any help in advance, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Tagged:

• Hi! I don't know how much of an in-depth story you want to go with, if there will be a massive focus on it or if it'll be more of a minimal thing but since they start off in a prison cell dungeon type thing, both your characters could be criminals or something along those lines, and you could do a something where they're put in a situation where they have to fight against other criminals who were also put in the dungeon, all after the same thing, and whoever makes it out alive with their cellmate/partner and the staff gets guaranteed freedom. It might sound silly I think but maybe if done right with stuff like deep lore and moral choices with the characters being criminals and all it could be really, really interesting

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi! I don't know how much of an in-depth story you want to go with, if there will be a massive focus on it or if it'll be more of a minimal thing but since they start off in a prison cell dungeon type thing, both your characters could be criminals or something along those lines, and you could do a something where they're put in a situation where they have to fight against other criminals who were also put in the dungeon, all after the same thing, and whoever makes it out alive with their cellmate/partner and the staff gets guaranteed freedom. It might sound silly I think but maybe if done right with stuff like deep lore and moral choices with the characters being criminals and all it could be really, really interesting

Any idea is a good idea when you have no ideas...

Thank you for taking time to think of this! I am going to wait a couple more days to see if anyone else has anything before starting on this one.

Thanks again!

• Ok, starting making it now. The plot line naix3l gave is what I'm going to roll with, almost unchanged but also adding some more material. I'm starting a dev log in the 'Show Your Creations' section if you would like to follow the development of this game.

• Thank you!

I forgot to add a link to my dev log on this page, so here it is:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/your-construct-creations-9/two-men-staff-devlog-152018

However, I stopped working it for a while now. I will probably pick it back up sometime in the winter. Make sure you check back then!

• This two men fought for a very important thing that they wanted and they ended up blowing up or destroying a city , which made them in the prison. but they could not be executed since they are great technicians and the government kept them for their knowledge. the staff knows where the important thing is and they wanted to find the staff. but instead the staff became more powerful with the help of the important thing. the staff had its own personel intention of having a revenge on the two technicians cause the staff was always jealous of them.the staff also began to think of becoming the king of world after killing the technicians. The technicians were at firsts friends and they became rivals and wanted to be the best in their fields of making mechs.but they wanted more better powerful mechs which the important thing can give.And so the staff and they fought. and they win. and they had a conversation with staff and forgave him or her. And they lived happily ever after working together for the betterment of the world. or we could have a twisted end here with an alternative choose, ill leave this to you. :~) huhuhhuhuhu

• Several things I need answered.

>1. How did they end up there?

2. Who are they fighting?

3. Main boss(es): why do they want the staff?

1 ... this 2 characters... where some random prison cell mates, that got there randomly... from various "charges?" or ... they where long life friends, who had a common dream, to become the best sheepherders in the whole realm, but they could only achieve it if they managed to take a hold on the most mythical and powerful herding item there was ever created by the Celestials that created all beings... and left this artifact on earth so that those who posses can bring peace and prosperity to the world... that is if they want to do good. they ended up in the cell, by entering the wrong village, and doing some "scams" so they can sustain themselves, in their quest in finding that "mythical staff", but as they where running their "scams" they got caught by the village guards, and sentence to hang or something odious ... as it happens, their despair is their luck also, as it happens and will be shown that the room they where kept in had a "hidden passage" to a secret treasure room under the kings palace. paba baaaaam!! they found the secret room, by trying to escape, while one of them noticed some brics could be taken out of the wall. paba baam baaaaaam!!!

2. the evil shepherds alliance or better known as (ESA) they where some sort of evil group that wanted to get the staff so they can exploit the world, and make money or fortune on the backs of all creatures and subdue everyone.... TADADAAAAAA!

3. i think point 2 explains it.

on point 3 u can have different difficulty bosses, from the lowest rank (foot soldiers, leutenends etc...) in the ESA hierarchy to the highest (aka the leader or the boss of the bosses etc) bidibup bop!

(this is basically all plots and story lines in all scifi/adventure movies/games/stories in all times...even the bible and the Round Table Knights... and so on and so forth..."holy grail story" etc, santa claws, grinch same plot.)

• evil sheperd, lol. no hate. its just funny, sheperds are good people. :﹉)

• evil sheperd, lol. no hate. its just funny, sheperds are good people. :﹉)

so are the priests :) good people... :D

kidding, just a idea, i mean, is like every storyline ever... xD hahaha, i talked about shepherds cause .. ehm, knights and stuff is overused... so something more peaceful, yet intriguing lol... "bep bep im a sheep i said bep bep im a sheep!"

• exactly,unexpected are fun.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)