Story Idea...

• I am making a game that I believe has potential, but I came across a small problem: I have no story-line. The general game idea (and name) is this:

Two Men - One Staff

Two men try to fight their way out of a dungeon and escape with their lives. One problem: they are unarmed. They manage to make it out of their prison cell and into a large cave complex where they find the staff. However, there is only one, so they must share it by passing it between each other and working together.

Several things I need answered.

1. How did they end up there?

2. Who are they fighting?

3. Main boss(es): why do they want the staff?

However, I only need these just to get me started. If you give me an ending, it won't be a surprise and I won't be able to think of another one. I would like to do that part. I am welcome to any suggestions, and am hoping for at least a few before I pick one.

Thank you for any help in advance, and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Tagged:

• Hi! I don't know how much of an in-depth story you want to go with, if there will be a massive focus on it or if it'll be more of a minimal thing but since they start off in a prison cell dungeon type thing, both your characters could be criminals or something along those lines, and you could do a something where they're put in a situation where they have to fight against other criminals who were also put in the dungeon, all after the same thing, and whoever makes it out alive with their cellmate/partner and the staff gets guaranteed freedom. It might sound silly I think but maybe if done right with stuff like deep lore and moral choices with the characters being criminals and all it could be really, really interesting

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi! I don't know how much of an in-depth story you want to go with, if there will be a massive focus on it or if it'll be more of a minimal thing but since they start off in a prison cell dungeon type thing, both your characters could be criminals or something along those lines, and you could do a something where they're put in a situation where they have to fight against other criminals who were also put in the dungeon, all after the same thing, and whoever makes it out alive with their cellmate/partner and the staff gets guaranteed freedom. It might sound silly I think but maybe if done right with stuff like deep lore and moral choices with the characters being criminals and all it could be really, really interesting

Any idea is a good idea when you have no ideas...

Thank you for taking time to think of this! I am going to wait a couple more days to see if anyone else has anything before starting on this one.

Thanks again!

• Ok, starting making it now. The plot line naix3l gave is what I'm going to roll with, almost unchanged but also adding some more material. I'm starting a dev log in the 'Show Your Creations' section if you would like to follow the development of this game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)