Mouse [Devlog]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hey wassup everybody! I'm officially announcing my 3rd project of Construct 3 called Mouse. Mouse is retro-style maze game where the player is a "mouse"; that must collect all the foods inside the tricky maze. Once collected, the mouse must run to it's home in order to win the level. Snakes will be inside the maze to try to catch or corner the "mouse" and eat it. There will be other objects besides just the food the player can come into contact with. Other than that, I will openly work on this project from start to finish. Anyone is more than welcome to give ideas of mechanics or suggestions for the project. Now let's begin.

Tagged:

• MENU UPDATE 0

To start, I always like to work out the overall theme/design of how the project will look and feel. Since im going for an old-style look, this won't be hard for me to think about. For this update, I will be working on the menu layout and inputting it's configurations of the menu options the player chooses.

These tasks will include...

1.Create the menu.

2.Go to desired option player choose.

3.Design the other layouts of the options.

4.Have picked option go back to main menu.

• The title makes me wonder if anyone has named their game "Mouse". Pretty cool concept! The game will be great!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks

• You're Welcome! :D

• MENU UPDATE 1 - Menu Completed

Due to a hurricane that recently hit my town, I was unable to work on my project for a while. However, im back and ready to give an update.

Menu tasks is complete.

1.Create the menu.

2.Go to desired option player choose.

3.Design the other layouts of the options.

4.Have picked option go back to main menu.

Next thing to do are the Levels.

• LEVELS UPDATE 0

In this update, I will be focusing on creating the levels. I'm not sure how many levels there will be, but for this game I have an idea total of maybe 30 - 50 levels.

The tasks for this is simple...

1. Design each level uniquely and have fun.

I've started on a few levels already and working on creating nice food themes for each level.

Take a look below.

Cheese and Wine

Coffee, Donuts + Muffins

Apples, Oranges and Bananas

That all for now, stay tuned.

• That actually looks really cool ngl

I like the different foods that the mouse can collect! :D

• Thanks. To not make it a generic maze game or a cloned Pacman, I wanted to add different foods that give more point value to the player. There's also a very simple reason why there are more than one type of food in each maze. But I won't say, to at least let the player discover it on their own.

• Nice! :)

• LEVELS UPDATE 1

Hello everyone. I'm here to give a quick update on Mouse. I made 10 levels so far, and currently just working on getting the rest of the levels made as I go. I try to work on at least 5 levels a day to knock them out the way. That is all for now, but here are more pics for the game.

Burger, Fries + Shake

Veggies Pt.1

Icecream N Cake (Updated this level)

• LEVELS UPDATE 2

Back with the new update! So, I have 10 more levels to complete and then im officially finish with the level update! After I get all the levels completed, my next task is to get the snakes and it's body to start moving within the maze. I will be focusing on the functions of the snakes, which is a big part of this game. The levels actually took some good time to make despite how simple the look.

Anyways, here are some more levels and food themes I made. This will be the last pics of levels to be post. Stay tune for the next update and everyone have a good day.

Pairs of Pears

Pineapples & Coconuts

• LEVELS UPDATE 3 - LEVLES COMPLETED

Hello everyone. Im back to give an update of what's going on with the project. So I FINALLY completed all the levels! It defiantly took more time than I expected. But finally, the levels are complete and now I can move on to the next task for this game.

ENEMY FUNCTION UPDATE 0

For this update I will be working on the functions of the snakes. The aim is to get the snake and it's body to move together, turn corners and properly navigate in the mazes to chase after the player. I have an idea to approach this task. I will use the pin behavior to help assist me of pinning each body part together for the snakes, keeping them intact and following after each other. The head of the snake will be the only one sprite that uses the pathfinding behavior to locate the player. So, that's the plan and I will see how it goes from there. Other than that, I plan on making videos of my work. Maybe YouTube but I will see. That will end this update for today. Thanks for the read and have a good day.

Broccoli + Cauliflower

• ENEMY FUNCTION UPDATE 1

How's it going folks? Im back to give the current update for MOUSE! So I've finally manage to get the snake to move inside the maze as I always wanted it to move! Finally! This took a lot of patience and time but thanks to the C3 snake demo tutorial, I was finally able to build the snake and make it turn corners in the maze as I hoped for.

Pic of Snake

As you can see, the snakes body parts stays in place, it turns the corners well and it's manageable to work with finally. Im sooo happy this finally came together.

Tasks

Now, I have to program the snake Ai to move on it's own. Make just head of the snake have eyes, and when it turns , its eyes goes in that dir its turning. Once this snake ai gets complete, the game would pretty much be on the halfway mark of completion. Other than that, progress is surely coming along.Until the next update, Have a good day!

• I do like this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)