A Metroid style platformer (need tips on stage making)

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • I have been running tests on C2 for a Metroid-Metroidvania style platformer. Each layout/background will have an entire region of the game world where the player will explore. The problem I am having is that I am not really sure of how to approach this without losing image quality. I've seen examples of stages of some commercial games like Super Metroid and the Metroidvania style Castlevania games, but I haven't been able to squeeze a background and sprites in a way that it looks as high quality as those games. A map in my game (which is still on its design phase) would look like this example (from Castlevania: Harmony of Dispair):

Is there a specific resolution to use or any special image modification needed? Up until now I have been using really big images to make the effect and keep the quality at the same time and it looks good, but I am well aware about that not been a good practice so I am now trying this "make everything smaller and zoom with the viewport" approach. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)