A handful of status effect ideas I have

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Heya, I'm making a Adventure/RPG hydrid game that, as per Turn Based RPG tradition has status effects that either will make your day better or just add extra misery to it.

"Status effects? Like poison, sleep and burn from Pokemon?" Yep, just like those!

My ideas for some status effects (Excluding the common ones like sleep, for example) are simple in nature... But some I have one that I don't how to make sure it'll behave. XD

Hyper: You'reabletotaketwoactionsinsteadofoneduringyourturn, for now.. This one is scrapped- HAHAHAHA!!!

Drowsy: After this one expires.... You'll fall... Asleep... Zzz... (Yes, this is the one I'm talking about.)

Nightmare: AAHHH!!! ... Phew! That was just a DOT that only effects sleeping targets.

Sleep Fighting: ...Zzz... Take that...! (Seriously take a guess what this one does. XD)

Trance: You're sooo focused... You'll simply ignore emotion based effects... And you're more likely to deal some extra damage. Just go along with the flow~.

Confused: You might not fight for- HEY! Shut up you old painting! I'm kawaii! ... Or even try to attack your buddies. ......Wowie, those roses are pretty!

Tagged:

• Well it's good that you're excited about that I guess :)

• Nice idea. Are you planning to add more effects for feelings like fear, surprise, sadness etc.?

• Defiantly fear! Perhaps I could make it so maybe whoever got spooked might not act on their turn... Or if their fear's severe enough they might just flee! (Chickens!)

And surprised? Hmm... I don't think it would be a status effect, but it depends on the situation, like hitting Jane from behind while he's pouring something onto his bandaged wrist (It's not injured, he bandaged it to look cool and keep it from getting hurt as bad.) or doing magic in front of his goons, for example.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can we see a glimpse of your game?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)