How to create levels in a single layout?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I have a seperate layout for each screen.

Layout1- for start screen

Layout2- for level choose screen

Layout3- to start playing my level 1st

suppose i want to create 100 levels, so i need 100 layouts for each levels?? if not then in only one layout, how do i create my 100 levels?

• There's nothing wrong with multiple/tons of layouts. I think it's a good way to go, really. But to do it all on one, you'll either have to have judicious use of layers or have events spawn in everything at once. Or, I suppose, you could line the levels all up and move the camera to different zones. But, really, is there a problem with having layouts for each thing?

• So I can make 100 layouts for 100 levels??

• [quote:2i4sponm]so i need 100 layouts for each levels??

no

[quote:2i4sponm]So I can make 100 layouts for 100 levels??

yes

• I had the same question like birdfiregames ,but how make events and objects that appear in all Layouts??

Sorry for my Bad Englisch

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had the same question like birdfiregames ,but how make events and objects that appear in all Layouts??

Sorry for my Bad Englisch

Just put the common events in a distinctive even sheet and then include it when you need it.

• > I had the same question like birdfiregames ,but how make events and objects that appear in all Layouts??

> Sorry for my Bad Englisch

>

Just put the common events in a distinctive even sheet and then include it when you need it.

How to add common events???

and what with objects?

• Just create an event sheet, call it common.

Code your logic you want to share with every layout. And then go to the layout's events sheet (for instance the one that is created by default) right click and include your common event sheet.

• Also look at Global layouts and the 'Global' object property.

• If you plan your layout right you can make all 100 levels in one layout it just depends on the type of game you're making and what you need it to be like.

For example you can have groups of logic dictating the behavior of enemies, the player and even power-ups or items depending on a global variable that carries the current level.

Also the sprites have to be in the layout so if you use "re-usable sprites for items" in which each frame contains one image of a different item you can spawn them as needed and have them change to the correct frame on command.

Again it depends on the game your'e building and your current needs. I did that for FreeFall Bird. I have only 3 layouts. one of which is the actual game while the first is just the intro screen and the other is the credits screen. Everything else is handled in events.(lots of carefully planned events i might add)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)