Construct2 Limits

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • I recently got a personal license and am planning on creating a game for this microsoft competition. I am curious about the limitations of the size of the level. Does Construct2 automatically cull for a large level? Can i have (just throwing a number out there) 5000x5000 layout and have the camera follow the player? Does it load everything (platforms, etc. etc.) in the 5000x5000 ?

Thank you,

Thomas Le

• You can have big layouts (and even bigger I believe) like that, but make sure not to use too much and too oversized assets as expressed in that blog article.

• Thank you for your response. I have another question now.

Is there any type of profiler available to see the amount of memory being used by the game? =)

Thank you

• In the status bar at bottom of the screen in the editor, there is an estimation of the memory the game should use while executing.

• Some browsers like Firefox can give you a detailed memory breakdown in about:memory. You can also use the new ImageMemoryUsage system expression to estimate the image memory in-game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some browsers like Firefox can give you a detailed memory breakdown in about:memory. You can also use the new ImageMemoryUsage system expression to estimate the image memory in-game.

That's good to know! Thanks :P

• Thanks for posting this, the apparent limits of Construct 2 are the only thing really holding me back at this point :)

Are there, besides the blog article, any golden rules I should pay attention to?

• Peralta: The performance tips manual entry.

Also as mentioned in another thread, the "limits" are mostly the knowledge and the design of the users.

• The limits are HTML 5 in it's current form,2D and your target device specs...

But you will probably hit your your own limits first...

I suggest you experiment and find them...Oh and have fun...

• The limits are HTML 5 in it's current form,2D and your target device specs...

But you will probably hit your your own limits first...

I suggest you experiment and find them...Oh and have fun...

Not all browsers are equal, the biggest gripe are browsers compatibiliy and the limits imposed by the underlying OSes. E.g, Firefox on PC vs Android.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)