We'll pay you up to $200 to implement our API

0 favourites
  • FGLmatt, thanks for the additional information.

Other than the $200 to integrate the API, what benefits do you see with your platform, as opposed to competing platforms? Buongiorno, TreSensa, etc.

Our largest differentiation is simply who we are. We've been around nearly 8 years, in which time we've helped developers earn over $16,000,000, mainly through licensing. The overwhelming bulk of money in HTML5 at the moment is in licensing. We've helped 11,000 titles get licensed through FGL. Some of the worlds most successful companies (along with thousands of other growing businesses, marketplaces, portals) license games off of FGL every single day. We've already earned developers over $500,000 with their HTML5 games this year so far, again mostly through licensing. We're simply putting our money where our mouth is with the $200 advance, because we believe we will make you money. I'm not sure any of these other companies out there can currently compete with the success we've brought developers over the years.

But if I were you, and there weren't any conflicts, I'd put my game on all of these services to find out for myself.

> There's a few ways we distribute. The newest method is through our upcoming HTML5 GameShop. It's simply an e-commerce site for HTML5 games.

>

When approximately the new HTML5 GameShop will be launched? I already have some games on the $200 program. I don't want to have the work to also send my games to the actual GameShop, since this can be replaced by the new in anytime.

You won't have to do anything other than say "Yes" when we ask if we can place it into the HTML5 GameShop. As long as your games utilize the branding feature, you're already set.

• FGLmatt Thanks for all of the info. Your responsiveness and openness are both appreciated.

• FGLmatt - How long does it take for you guys to process the mobile platform agreement that we have to fill out before we get paid? I never really got a reply back from that Robert dude.

• - It doesn't take very long at all. But since we have so many requests, Robert isn't replying if everything is OK with your paperwork. He'll only have time to respond if there's an issue. But if everything is OK, he schedules your payment right away. I suppose everything went smoothly with yours, because our records show your payment was sent yesterday.

• - It doesn't take very long at all. But since we have so many requests, Robert isn't replying if everything is OK with your paperwork. He'll only have time to respond if there's an issue. But if everything is OK, he schedules your payment right away. I suppose everything went smoothly with yours, because our records show your payment was sent yesterday.

Ah!! I see now. Yep, nice doing business with you. I will be releasing more titles with you soon.

One more question.. Everytime I publish a game, do I have to email that Robert guy?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > - It doesn't take very long at all. But since we have so many requests, Robert isn't replying if everything is OK with your paperwork. He'll only have time to respond if there's an issue. But if everything is OK, he schedules your payment right away. I suppose everything went smoothly with yours, because our records show your payment was sent yesterday.

>

Ah!! I see now. Yep, nice doing business with you. I will be releasing more titles with you soon.

One more question.. Everytime I publish a game, do I have to email that Robert guy?

Nope. You only have to contact him and send your paperwork once ever. All games submitted and approved after that will be handled on our end. Once your game is marked complete in the login area, you will receive payment within a few days.

• FGLmatt

hi there i would like to ask and forgive my english (not my native language) which devices (mainly i mean smartphones and not tablets) are you using for testing if the games run smoothly?which is your weakest smartphone that has lets say "the minimum requirements" and a game must at least run in this device smoothly for accept it? cause i had 3 phones over two years old samsung young and vodafone smart 2 and i have to say that i face a lot of troubles first with the layout of games (many of them are cropped in my browser) and second with the fps (poor performance).

• FGLmatt

hi there i would like to ask and forgive my english (not my native language) which devices (mainly i mean smartphones and not tablets) are you using for testing if the games run smoothly?which is your weakest smartphone that has lets say "the minimum requirements" and a game must at least run in this device smoothly for accept it? cause i had 3 phones over two years old samsung young and vodafone smart 2 and i have to say that i face a lot of troubles first with the layout of games (many of them are cropped in my browser) and second with the fps (poor performance).

This is a list of devices we test every game on at the moment: iPhone4, iPod Touch 5th Gen, Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung Galaxy 4, iPad 2, iPad 4, iPad Mini, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, PC/Mac. We also test on multiple browsers on each device.

• What's the best resolution to design my games under for those devices you test with.. Should I make two different builds: One for low-end and the other for high-end.. Reports from my game showing..

Persistent problem(s):

01. Game is not playable on most test devices.

02. On Samsung S4, leaderboard prompt keeps popping after submitting score, can't be closed. (Native browser)

03. On Samsung S3, game is just black screen. (Native browser)

I'm not sure why leaderboard prompt keeps popping up only with the S4, when it doesn't on my devices and the S3.

• What's the best resolution to design my games under for those devices you test with.. Should I make two different builds: One for low-end and the other for high-end.. Reports from my game showing..

Persistent problem(s):

01. Game is not playable on most test devices.

02. On Samsung S4, leaderboard prompt keeps popping after submitting score, can't be closed. (Native browser)

03. On Samsung S3, game is just black screen. (Native browser)

I'm not sure why leaderboard prompt keeps popping up only with the S4, when it doesn't on my devices and the S3.

Update: Never mind.. I checked out the scaling reference in the SDK files..

• Update: Never mind.. I checked out the scaling reference in the SDK files..

I'm glad you found what you were looking for! Let me know if you have anymore questions.

• Hey Matt,

What kind of games are you looking for? Which level of quality or content? Can you provide some examples of games FGL has paid for?

I don't want to develop a game for weeks and finally earn 100-200$... but I can quickly make something graphically really appealing to go with a simple gameplay.

• FGLmatt So all I have to do is implement your plugin and follow the instructions in this link: https://www.fgl.com/other/html5opportunities/?

• Anybody implemente their SDK? I have always problem.... It works on my PC, but they said:

Tested on:

-Web Browser tool

-Kindle Fire HD

Problem(s) Found:

01. Ad placeholder keeps appearing after game over. Close the ad and it will appear endlessly.

02. Branding placeholder doesn't return confirmation prompt when clicked.

03. No MoreGames (Cross-Promo) function.

I tested all theese problems, and it works for me..

I am really angry now, i make too long with this and no success, i am starting to hate their buggy plugin

• Raiper341

Are you using last build of the plugin? My game passed QA without any problems.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)