[BitBalloon]Never use Dropbox anymore!

0 favourites
  • I used to publish using Dropbox, it was fast and easy.

But, Dropbox was a factor that doesn't seem to help, many bugs, HTML didn't work so well, and the bandwidth.

So, soon as I could, I was using xampp in a local server. But what about real servers?

Searching a lot, I could find this starting wonderful website, BitBalloon is the most complete tool for Construct 2 and HTML5 developers.

Here are some features:

Free Webhosting with no limitations
      Easy method of uploading (HTML5 Export -> Move the folder to site)
      Low-price for custom domains and subscription
      A lot of web-tracking and monetizing

There is a lot more, but this is what I've been testing and using.

[quote:swsp0ubb]Oh, yeah? But if it is so good how did I never had heard of it?

Because it's a starting website, I've been using for 2 weeks and all my projects are beautiful being played!

[quote:swsp0ubb]But, if it's so good, what can I do to help?

Since it's a small and wonderful tool, you can subscribe or donate, and if you don't have money, share with your friends. They're like us, creating and doing things from nothing!

Here is the website:

https://www.bitballoon.com

Thanks for you attention, I know you are going to love it! So, please, tell what you've tested about the site here, and share, the bets thing you can do is make the site famous!

• Thank you, I just tried and truly love it, the url is much shorter than dropbox.

It works best with Chrome because we can simply drag the game folder to the website. Firefox don't allow folder upload, so we have to zip the folder.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's awesome

• pedropss give your game link to check how it is played in browser.

• samblack, it's the same thing, now I'm working only in unreleased projects, and there is nothing heavy for you to test, but, if you want something to compare, the loading is faster than Scirra Arcade or Kongregate and the performance is the same as the "Preview" in Construct 2.

As soon as I finish building my sandbox/puzzle project, I'll post here. :3

• Hi Guys!

BitBalloon founder here - noticed some traffic coming from scirra.com and found this post.

Thanks so much for the support pedropss, as a small startup this really means a lot to us!

One thing that makes BitBalloon a great place to host HTML5 games, is the way we automatically package up your assets when you deploy, so you end up with a minified bundle hosted on a CDN with far future caching headers set.

This means that when people access your game they typically only need to download all the javascript and images the first time, and then when they come back to play more it's all been cached on their device.

Really excited to see people host their Construct2 projects with BitBalloon.

Let me know if you got any questions or suggestions

• Wow, it definitely looks interesting! Will give it a try.

• I hope this is here to stay because I love it!

• Biilmann or any other around - how reliable is this site? I might start to use it on the future, it looks really good. But looks can be decieving

• I think all have shortcomings that are free and that are improving gradually.

• "This means that when people access your game they typically only need to download all the javascript and images the first time, and then when they come back to play more it's all been cached on their device."

--------------------------

I think this work on all servers not only BitBalloon.

• This is definitely worth a look , besides you can't have too many options !

• does anyone know if this wonderfull site allows php and mysql? because i am doing something small but requires it.

• The pricing is very cheap compared to other solutions

• does anyone know if this wonderfull site allows php and mysql? because i am doing something small but requires it.

I don't know what BitBallon can.

But I know a host website called "www.hostinger.com"

It allows php and MySQL.

It's free and don't has a sub domain: blablabla.hostinger.com.

It has only subdomains .esy.es or .96.it and much more.

This subdomains are better as blablabla.bitballon.com

But they isn't the best, but if you go on freenom.com it is the best!!!

Sorry for my bad English.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)