Best Practices for Making More Money with Mopub and Android.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Great post, thanks! its very nice to read and learn from successful monetizing strategies.

Would be nice if you could post your games as example!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks for sharing you experience.

• you said "- Use 3 AD Networks Admob, Mobfox, and Millenial Media I have tried all of them, I promise, use these three." but on the cocoonjs ads configuration there is no option to select MobFox, ads of MobFox won't open in my app.

i'm forgetting something ?

• MKSoft Did you create accounts with each of those and then add those accounts to the Mopub dashboard? If you don't have accounts with each of them and configure them as per the Ludei documentation on their site then they won't work.

• A tutorial would be awesome! 29$ is a bit much for me.

• I gave my best to set up a tutorial for you guys. Hope it helps!

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1024/m ... onjs-games

• Over the past month I made the move to the new admob, where I saw a dramatic decrease in my ad revenue. I have been reading up on Fixes ever since.

Yesterday I overhauled my entire system, updated and optimized all of my apps, and I went from making $4-$8 daily to well over $200 in a day.

My apps are relatively new, and do not have as many downloads compatively to a lot of successful developers, I think between 5 apps I have 80,000 total installs and 25,000 active. Which is really low for Google Play.

A couple things that helped

- Wrap my apk file in CocoonJS 2.00 Beta (I kept mine at 1.4.7 for too long because I thought this caused the problem)

- Make Full Screen Interstitial Ads a result of a touch or a button press and ad in a 1 second wait afterwards before anything happens. (Touch screen, show full ad, wait 1 second then go to layout, in some of my games the app wouldn't have time to load the ad before it's called back to the game making my mopub numbers terrible)

- Fill out everything in Cocoon JS under the ad tab (Even if you aren't using the ad networks, check all of the boxes, even if you aren't publishing on the iOS put the code for the Banner and Fullscreen ads in there anyways. I have no idea why but this was the main thing I did that caused the spike)

- Use 3 AD Networks Admob, Mobfox, and Millenial Media I have tried all of them, I promise, use these three.

- Set all of my minimum CPM to 0.35 (I'll experiment with higher and lower numbers, but by keeping it way higher than 0.05 I have weeded out all of the garbage, and my numbers are better as a result, so now I'm being served better ads with higher CPMs.

I know there's a guy making a class or something, and charging people money for it. I don't agree with trying to make money from a community so I'll do my best to share anything I learn that might be helpful to people trying to make income developing apps.

I'll probably do a tutorial with pictures and diagrams if you all think It would be helpful.

Hi Jerry, any update about the tutorial? cheers!

• Thanks man, very useful info! And very encouraging to know how effectively can one promote his games by himself.

• Thanks for your valuable information.

Please do a tutorial with pictures and diagrams as there is confusion in setting CPM (minimum CPM to 0.35?) and where the price has to set (mopub or admob/ad networks?).

I recently published a game (CocoonJS 2.0 + Phaser) on Android.

Used 3 AD Networks Admob, Mobfox, and Millenial Media

I set default eCPM in admob network

• AdMob = 0.01$
    • AdMob eCPM Floor Beta = 0.07$

And in

• MoPub Marketplace Minimum CPM (Price Floor) = 0.01$ (For both banner and leader board)
    • MoPub Network (Segment Waterfall Network CPM) = 0.05 $ (For all the three Ad Networks)

Please help me to set to earn a decent eCPM and fill rate.

• please! can you do a tutorial with pics!

tx, for the info!

• Thanks!

My request is: if you state something, I would like to read why you have chosen to (arguments, short experience - can be one sentence). This makes me understand it better.

• Thanks for the Info. Much helpful. I'm currently looking in to the different ad networks so I find this info very promising and thanks for sharing!

• > Over the past month I made the move to the new admob, where I saw a dramatic decrease in my ad revenue. I have been reading up on Fixes ever since.

> Yesterday I overhauled my entire system, updated and optimized all of my apps, and I went from making $4-$8 daily to well over $200 in a day.

>

> My apps are relatively new, and do not have as many downloads compatively to a lot of successful developers, I think between 5 apps I have 80,000 total installs and 25,000 active. Which is really low for Google Play.

>

> A couple things that helped

> - Wrap my apk file in CocoonJS 2.00 Beta (I kept mine at 1.4.7 for too long because I thought this caused the problem)

> - Make Full Screen Interstitial Ads a result of a touch or a button press and ad in a 1 second wait afterwards before anything happens. (Touch screen, show full ad, wait 1 second then go to layout, in some of my games the app wouldn't have time to load the ad before it's called back to the game making my mopub numbers terrible)

> - Fill out everything in Cocoon JS under the ad tab (Even if you aren't using the ad networks, check all of the boxes, even if you aren't publishing on the iOS put the code for the Banner and Fullscreen ads in there anyways. I have no idea why but this was the main thing I did that caused the spike)

> - Use 3 AD Networks Admob, Mobfox, and Millenial Media I have tried all of them, I promise, use these three.

> - Set all of my minimum CPM to 0.35 (I'll experiment with higher and lower numbers, but by keeping it way higher than 0.05 I have weeded out all of the garbage, and my numbers are better as a result, so now I'm being served better ads with higher CPMs.

>

> I know there's a guy making a class or something, and charging people money for it. I don't agree with trying to make money from a community so I'll do my best to share anything I learn that might be helpful to people trying to make income developing apps.

>

> I'll probably do a tutorial with pictures and diagrams if you all think It would be helpful.

>

Hi Jerry, any update about the tutorial? cheers!

Good news / Bad news

I was sitting pretty with about 200,000 active installs, pulling in about $800-$900 every 2 weeks on average. However, Google was not a fan of the what my game's descriptions were worded and suspended my account for Meta-Keyword-Spam. I would not argue against it, I totally tried to slide in some names of popular games as a way to gain the SEO system.

I would word things like "Collect coins and build your score in this 2D Action Platforming Game, Super Jump Bros. Battle the evil MarioNette lord of puppets and blah blah blah stupid game plot blah blah blah ect."

Long story short, don't do that. Had to start from scratch, create a new business, change my IP addresses and do it all over again. I'm now back on Google Play, playing by the rules, & slowly building back to where I was.

In the interim I've shifted my focus to getting a game on Steam, my title Axes and Arrows was finally Greenlit. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391649475

I do plan on releasing tutorials and my tips for Mopub/Ad Placement and Intergration, Promoting a game on Steam Greenlight, and marketing a game with no budget.

As I have no publisher, I don't work with any third parties for Marketing / Art / Sound / Code I do everything solo, once I get my game out in a month I'll take some time and write tutorials / blogs on what I did and how I did it for anyone looking to follow the same path.

For now I've got to crunch 4 more weeks to get a game ready for Steam!

• Looking forward to tutorials, thanks!

I will now follow your axes and arrows link ^^

• usually Google sends warning before removing developer account

did you ignore their requests?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)