[EFFECT] - GS #5 Planet Generator

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A dynamic sound library that includes premium quality background sounds, ambient sounds of nature and nature sound loops
  • We have taken an MIT Licensed shader code and converted it for use in C2. You can read more about it over at http://gameswarp.com/studio/?p=294

This is quite a nifty little shader, and if you know how, you can tweak almost any parameter you desire in the shader code. Imagine a shoot-em-up game that takes place in front of the planet generated by this shader. It would surely look awesome!

We'll do a couple more shader effects for the holiday season before committing what we learn into a tutorial for the community. Then, you will be able to pull any non-licensed shader effect from Heroku and Shadertoy into your game/app.

Thanks!

GamesWarp Studio

• That looks amazing! If I were into making sci-fi games I would definitely look into it, hahah.

I will share it, though. I'm sure there are plenty of others who would get a kick out of this. :)

• " Then, you will be able to pull any non-licensed shader effect from Heroku and Shadertoy into your game/app."

WOW.

You Sir are really, really helpful.

• Ooh man, this is awesome!

• Wow I cannot say more than wow, wow thanks

• Just come across this and it's great! just what I'm looking for but how do you position the 'rotating planet'? It always seems to be in the bottom left and how do you remove the black square behind it?

• Just come across this and it's great! just what I'm looking for but how do you position the 'rotating planet'? It always seems to be in the bottom left and how do you remove the black square behind it?

Preety much this. Without proper alpha channel or/and autocentering this effect is mostly just an eye candy.

Still cool thought.

• Very cool. I will have to check it out.

• Thats amazing! I will try implement in my project.

• impressive....i'm breathless!!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • necromaster Looks very nice indeed. However, I had some problems.

I downloaded the demo capx. It works for Firefox but blows up when opening in Chrome.

v 168 of C2 - some sort of assertion error. I can do a screenshot if you want to have a look.

• i can't belive that this was exactly what i was looking for... just take my money, o it's free... then take a hug and my love!!

• kingpirux can you tell me how did you do to use this effect? Every time I try the planet shows cutted or bad positioned.

• thegodo the problem is that this plugin only shows a planet floating in the center of the layout, so if you want to see the planet in the center of the screen you have to use a layout with that size. The other problem is that the plugin doens't allow any other configuration than the generator, that means you can't move the planet, you can't place it where you want, and you can't tell it the size of the planet.

Basically is to have a very fancy background

• kingpirux ahhhhmmm... I thought about that, but with hope in somebody's experience, who could tell me more about it.

Anyway, thank you Kingpirux.

Actually, only way to have a planet in orbit is using Rotate behavior, or have a multiple frame for an animated sprite, which consumes more memory with almost 100 frames per planet. I have no idea about other ways.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)