[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • c2 plugin server is on your side or you have to set up your own server

photon has their own server

Photon has its own server but it is not a dedicated server.

I want to say that one of the players will have and also execute the code that a dedicated server should execute.

Therefore it is not a dedicated server.

So it looks the same as the C2 plugin.

That's what I believe right now.

• the Mnk Photon is a advanced relay networking plugin so it does behave the same way as the normal MP plugin behaves in the sense that it's Peer to peer the only difference is photon uses WebSocket,Has packet culling(You can filter out data so you don't get hit by C2s multiplayer plugin limit of 100 players due to it sending data about everyone even if that data doesn't need to be sent) and since it doesn't use Webrtc like the default multiplayer plugin your audience reach is much higher.And yes photon is hosted on dedicated servers but the way it transmits data isn't in a Server client architecture you shouldn't confuse the two completely separate things

• ThePhotons How can i make a kill counts after my bullet colliding an object without adding a kill count to another players? because i got stucked on this problem that the another players also get the kill counts

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi.

What is the difference between using photon and the C2 plugin?

I know the limitations of the free photon account but are there differences in the connection?

Is the connection using photon better?

You can check the differences between c2 official plugin and photon plugin here, with the explaination

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/9431/f ... hoton#h2a4

• ThePhotons How can i make a kill counts after my bullet colliding an object without adding a kill count to another players? because i got stucked on this problem that the another players also get the kill counts

How do you add kill count?

Using player properties looks like the simplest option if you need to synchronize count across network.

• > ThePhotons How can i make a kill counts after my bullet colliding an object without adding a kill count to another players? because i got stucked on this problem that the another players also get the kill counts

>

How do you add kill count?

Using player properties looks like the simplest option if you need to synchronize count across network.

Yes but sometimes it doesnt added when i killed another player..

• Hi.

Please I do not understand well ... what is the difference between photon.ActorNr and photon.MyActorNr?

• Yes but sometimes it doesnt added when i killed another player..

Synchronizing player properties over network does not happen immediately. Make sure that you update player property successively from the same client: property owner or master client. This prevents from concurrent writes when 2nd client increments the value not seeing that it's already incremented by 1st client.

Trace your code with logs to see how kill count changes.

• Hi.

Please I do not understand well ... what is the difference between photon.ActorNr and photon.MyActorNr?

Hi,

Each player in a room uniquely identified by a number assigned during joining a room.

photon.MyActorNr is the number assigned to the local player.

photon.ActorNr is the number of the player last "per client" condition like "On actor join" or "On event" was triggered for.

• Thanks for the info.

Can I have another question? I have not seen any information about this.

If I put in every tick a raise event, then photon will be sending each frame a raise event ?, does not it have a limit of maximum 30 raise event per second like the multiplayer official object?

• the Mnk No you're in full control of the frequency

• Thanks for the information guys.

• Hello

How to control the loss of packages ?.

Sometimes I press a key but the pulsation is not executed due (supposedly) to the loss of packages.

How do I make all the beats executed?

Is there any way to improve this?

I press the Z key and an event is sent (event 1) to the server, the server sends it to all the players (event 2) but, sometimes, some players do not receive it.

• Hello

How to control the loss of packages ?.

Hi,

Websocket connection guaranties packets delivery. You can't loose any packet while connected.

Add logging of sending and receiving of events and key presses. This should help to find the reason of the issue.

• I'm doing tests

My game is 1vs1.

Maybe my packet loss error is due to the two players sending data and trigger the same event 2 with their data sent.

What happens when two players shoot the same event?

Is the same event executed twice on the same tick? I think that is not possible and the data of a player will be lost.

Should each player execute a different event?

Player 1 sends his data and triggers event 2

Player 2 sends his data and triggers event 3

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)