[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • ThePhotons :: I have a question, how do we use the features custom authentication, userIDs and Friends in the Photon Plugin for matchmaking.

It seems that it isn't very much documented.

An example project would be nice with Friendlist, authentication and with the use of ActorNr and UserIDs.

Thanks a lot.

Did you read Custom Authentication documentation? It describes workflow well though Photon plugin client details may differ from what you find in the doc.

Find friend is not documented currently but it's quite simple. You set user id for each client before connection. While connected to a master, call "Find friends" with comma-separated list of user ids. In "On FindFriends result" event call Photon.FriendOnline and Photon.FriendRoom with user id as a parameter to get requested user status.

Note that custom auth can override user id set by client.

ActorNr used to identify player inside a room, when client is connected to game server.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Having a vicious issue where i cant update objects positions to people who join/global vars start at the base numbers causing init spawns to fire resulting in different terrain layouts (spawning 500 items randomly over a 7000,7000 grid) not sure how to go about this or determine for player1/master server to do the spawns and broadcast the spawn locations as it builds/caches it for those who join while keeping those who join informed of the init complete global

i have 1 solution to this but it would mean copy pasting 500 objects setting each one with an id and hoping i can pull tree.id=photon.eventdata to all the players on join (but im still not sure how to pass on other players game stats ._.)

any halp would be naise thanks

• ThePhotons

In official Javascript API,

"joinRandomRoom" action has 2 parameters which are not listed on Photon Plugin,

expectedCustomRoomProperties & expectedMaxPlayers.

It seems they are very important parameters for making a fair match.

screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/LR6cI

api link:(find "joinRandomRoom")

http://doc-api.exitgames.com/en/javascript/current/Photon.LoadBalancing.LoadBalancingClient.html

• AbusiveChAoS

If objects positions generated dynamically, you need to send each position to a joined client.

If generation is based on deterministic random numbers sequence, it's enough to send random seed only and repeat generation process on joined client.

• gonzdevour

Because of "visual" coding, adding custom properties table parameter to "Join Random Room" is complicated. So we choose another approach. Set properties and max player for "my" room before connection as you do when creating a room and set MatchMyRoom parameter of "Join Random Room" to Yes.

• So the point is, can i spawn joined player to a randomized position and old joined player spawned on the last place he moved (not by randomized) ? maybe you can help with the events that should i put..

You spawn player object once, most likely on joined client. Then you create object copies on other clients.

For original object, you set position explicitly (e.g. using random numbers). For object copies, you synchronize position with original object each time this position changes including initial position assignment. Also, each existing client should send position update to a new joined client.

• > So the point is, can i spawn joined player to a randomized position and old joined player spawned on the last place he moved (not by randomized) ? maybe you can help with the events that should i put..

>

You spawn player object once, most likely on joined client. Then you create object copies on other clients.

For original object, you set position explicitly (e.g. using random numbers). For object copies, you synchronize position with original object each time this position changes including initial position assignment. Also, each existing client should send position update to a new joined client.

Okay i get it.. thank you so much

• > Btw please fix this issue of trying to connect to a random room while connected to a room. Getting alerts with js errors is not too great.

>

Underlying Photon js library throws exceptions. This is not a problem in js app but it seems like it's not possible to catch exceptions in Scirra app. We will think about changing error handling w/o breaking existing js apps.

I wrote simple "alertblocker" plugin which disables alerts if AlertBlocker object exists in a project. It has nothing to do with Photon and can be used in any project. You can find plugin in updated Photon Construct 2 SDK: https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/sdks ... construct2

Also Photon and Photon Chat plugins trigger "On error" condition if exception is thrown by Photon library.

• When I add "alertblocker" plugin there is error when i try add some new object

• Here is my summary before page 54.

May it help who try to read the whole thread.

https://ppt.cc/ftsJxx

• Wow thanks

• When I add "alertblocker" plugin there is error when i try add some new object

Please try updated plugin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjr0pey3zc5nc ... addon?dl=1

• Here is my summary before page 54.

Great work.

I've added the link to initial post.

• Hi.

What is the difference between using photon and the C2 plugin?

I know the limitations of the free photon account but are there differences in the connection?

Is the connection using photon better?

• c2 plugin server is on your side or you have to set up your own server

photon has their own server

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)