[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Hi,

Please reset region in Photon object properties. Currently set value EU is wrong.

• Hello,

I am sorry for my stupid question but could someone explain the main difference between the build in construct 2 multiplayer and the photon plugin?

I am sorry for this question I am a non proud non coder and I could not fully understand this by reading.

Does one player still needs to be the host? Or can this plugin be like a constant host who is always available?

Thanks a lot for any answer.

• ThePhotons Will an update to the C2 SDK which includes the new regions be released soon?

• You can use "Set region" action for regions which are not in list yet.

• Does one player still needs to be the host? Or can this plugin be like a constant host who is always available?

Photon client connects to a server and uses it for room matchmaking and sending events to other clients.. It's common to run game logic on one of the clients. But others never connect to it directly.

As far as I know multiplayer plugin is integrated in Construct2 more tightly. Photon plugin knows nothing about Construct2 objects and simply exchanges with events.

• I can't even install the plug-in. I have the newest version of C2 and yet I can't drag and drop the C2Addon files.

• Do I need to register to download?

I registered to download but I do not receive the password

• I can't even install the plug-in. I have the newest version of C2 and yet I can't drag and drop the C2Addon files.

Does other plugins work for you?

• Do I need to register to download?

I registered to download but I do not receive the password

Yes, you need to be logged into photonengine.com to download.

Contact support via developer(at)photonengine.com to get help with registration.

• When I launch the pool example all I get is an empty pool. No fish whatsoever... any ideas?

The test example does show different players but it works terribly bad when two players connect with the same name or leave the session... I can't even join the same room unless it is the default one.

Could someone help me out? I have no idea on how to fix this.

If you need more info on my issue please ask away.

Thanks!

• When I launch the pool example all I get is an empty pool. No fish whatsoever... any ideas?

The test example does show different players but it works terribly bad when two players connect with the same name or leave the session... I can't even join the same room unless it is the default one.

Could someone help me out? I have no idea on how to fix this.

If you need more info on my issue please ask away.

Thanks!

Nevermind I figured it out: the region was set by default to EU and apparently that does not work. I set it to US and it works perfectly now, thank you.

• When something wrong happens, please see log in browser console to find more info on error.

We finally fixed this nasty typo in demo project. The package updated,

• hi ThePhotons

How can I receive photon server time?

• Photon Javascript SDK and Scirra plugin do not provide server time feature.

You can implement something similar by pinging master client, measuring round trip time to master and adding half of this rtt to local time returned by master. Between such updates, increase the value according to local time change. The result should be synchronous on all clients even if pings are different.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm getting this error:

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Could not find object's combo property index

Condition: index >= 0

File: Projects\ObjectInstance.cpp

Line: 704

Function: class cr::pod<class std::vector<struct era::InstanceProperty,class std::allocator<struct era::InstanceProperty> > > __cdecl ObjectInstanceERACallback::GetProperties(void) const

Build: release 231 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)