[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • Yeah, a plugin with Photon's simplicity crossed with the Multiplayer object's capabilities would be the perfect package.

• TabloidA - I agree man. ThePhotons - is that something you all would possibly look into?

• Can you explain what those obvious reasons are?

Because the official multiplayer object from scirra does support UDP.

The reason is that only websocket available for Photon communication in browser. Photon servers do not support WebRTC used in Multiplayer plugin.

We are testing websockets currently. For dotnet Photon clients (no browser) there is no noticeable difference between UDP and Websockets under normal connection conditions. But for javascript lib running in browser we always have 100 ms more latency. Need to investigate more.

In any case peer-to-peer used in Multiplayer is always faster than communication via server.

UPDATE: Photon js sdk and C2 plugin show 50-60 ms round trip time in Chrome and IE and slightly higher values in FireFox.

Savvy001

mudmask

Which values do you expect?

• ThePhotons - that's interesting. To be honest I think there might be some factors on my side that don't have to do with the photon service that I'm looking in to right now.

• ThePhotons

Quote: which values do you expect?

Well i asked for a explanation on the difference between the MP Plugin and the Photon plugin.

Which you explained.

From the start i have been very happy with the results of the photon plugin in my game.

Its results far exceed the official mp

plugin.

I have used that in multiple tests and it always had more latency.

Thanks for helping out.

Oh and there is one more thing i would like to ask.

The pricing explanation on the photon site does not make many sense.

What i would like to know in simplicity is how many players can simultaniously play my game with each plan?

On the site there is so much info given, which i guess for server tech's is common knowledge.

Which i am not.

A rough estimate of how much simultanious players per plan would be enough.

Than i know what i need to focus on during alpha/beta/release.

• ThePhotons - that's interesting. To be honest I think there might be some factors on my side that don't have to do with the photon service that I'm looking in to right now.

Search for "Client: Connecting to Game" in browser log. Found line contains games server address. Ping it.

For EU server I connect to, ping is 48-49ms. It's very close to RTT values i measure by client.

• ThePhotons

Oh and there is one more thing i would like to ask.

The pricing explanation on the photon site does not make many sense.

What i would like to know in simplicity is how many players can simultaniously play my game with each plan?

On the site there is so much info given, which i guess for server tech's is common knowledge.

Which i am not.

A rough estimate of how much simultanious players per plan would be enough.

Than i know what i need to focus on during alpha/beta/release.

Plan CCU is the number of users which can play the game concurrently

• Yeah, a plugin with Photon's simplicity crossed with the Multiplayer object's capabilities would be the perfect package.

TabloidA - I agree man. ThePhotons - is that something you all would possibly look into?

The plugin is simple wrapper around javascript Photon library which basically sends and receives messages.

We do not plan to integrate it more tightly into Construct at the moment.

• Hi,

How can i check an actor's userID that close his/her browser page.

on Actor leave cannot get that. "not found" says when i try. Btw, i am not talking about the "leave room" event, i need to detect who's browser page is closed.

• How can i check an actor's userID that close his/her browser page.

Hi,

If "suspended player live time" set (as done in demo-test "onJoinRandomRoom no match found" handler), "On actor leave" called only after specified timeout since client disconnects abruptly. "On actor suspend" called immediately in this case. "Suspend" means that client can reconnect within this timeout.

Remove this action or set the value to 0 to get "On actor leave" as soon as player disconnects instead.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ThePhotons

Should On room list/On room list update after changing Master server region? I'm adding in the ability to switch regions after being connected to the nameserver/a master server in my project and neither action seems to be triggering. Is there a way to force those methods to trigger to get an updated room list?

• You need to reconnect after setting region property.

• ThePhotons Hey was just checking out the various Photon Plugin settings. I noticed the "HostType" option and saw that one of the options under that was "SelfHost". So from seeing this, is it possible to use the IP of a server I already own through the Photon Plugin? And if yes, would that eliminate the need to purchase a Photon package that has more CCU? I don't want to take money from you guys, I just can't afford any of it atm and already have a server that I keep hosted when I need it.

• With 'SelfHost' option chosen you can connect to your own Photon server. The CCU is limited by server license.

Make sure that WebSocketListener is enabled in your sever configuration.

• ThePhotons hi.

I think that I have a problem with Photon server.

I open demo-pool project, enter Ap-id, launch the game and... nothing happens.

Fish doesn't appears.

Here is how game looks like: prnt.sc/dgvjsv

What can be the problem with?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)