[PLUGIN] Clay.io (leaderboards & achievements)

From the Asset Store
Implement a customizable array-based achievement system with the fully-commented template.
  • for some reasson, i can't see ads on my game

scirra.com/forum/topic86624.html

clay.io/game/flappydoge

someone know what i can do?

ps:i got 0.07 dollars, don't know why, maybe some few guys can see the ads?

• I would like to be able to check if a user is logged in. Can we get a condition for this? What I mean is, I want to check if a user is logged in, and if not, show him a button "Submit Score Online". That way, when the popup happens asking them to sign up to clay.io, they'll expect it and be more likely to do it. If they are already logged in I can then just have the score posted automatically without clicking the button every time. This gives them the option of playing without being bothered with signups, but can choose to do so if they want and then have scores automatically submitted conveniently.

Also, I see this in your docs:

ill in the forms

Name will show at the top of the leaderboard

Type, if set to incrementing gets a cumulative score per person (typically you won't use this)

Unique Identifier is optional, but acts as an easy to remember ID for the leaderboard

However the 'incrementing' option doesn't seem to exist

In addition, when I post a score I want to specify the player name. It seems the Post Leaderboard Score action allows me to do this, but only if the user is already logged in. If not, the player specifies the name. How can I control what name shows up on the leaderboard if a player hasn't yet logged in when the Post to leaderboard action is called?

• Hi, I'm having trouble with implementing clay.io on cocoonJS, and was hoping someone could help me.

I'm using it for achievements, leaderboard and analytics. I have two buttons to show the achievements and leaderboard on the title screen. Everything works like a charm on the web version.

But when exporting and compiling an apk on CocoonJS:

• If I add the clay.io plugin files to the .zip exported, it works on the apk, but only rarely. Most of the time, the clay.io plugin isn't loading and leaderboard/achievements won't show. If I keep closing the game and starting again, I might get it to work once in every 4 or 5 tries.
    • If I add the plugin files AND edit the index.html with lines referencing the clay.io scripts, it actually gets worse. The plugin never loads on the apk, and the game layout crashes (possibly due to some issue with a clay.io analytic event on the start of the layout).

Does someone know how to make it work. The solutions I've tried are old and may be out of date.

• Hey guys, best way to reach out right now is through email - austinmdo@clay.io. That's swamped too, but if I don't respond, just bug me until I do :) Working on expanding the team so that this is no longer an issue, just bear with me until then.

Regarding the leaderboards, there was an issue over the weekend where a lot of C2 games were having issues with them, but those issued should be resolved. Shoot me an email if your game is still having problems.

• robert420 Hi, thanks although for some reason I cannot find this expression on my construct2?

• Hi there Austin - I posted another game to try out the facebook integration when I return from the " login modal" it should re-activate the "go play" button... it's not working for some reason. I had some issues with the leader board username on the other app I'm making so i decided to try one app I could publish to see if it was the issue... Still no dice. Any help will be appreciated I really wanna get this working.

[edit] just out of curiosity I tried it on firefox(chrome is my normal browser) and the popup took a while but it worked and reactivated the button just fine... it occurs to me that it may be an issue on chrome...

• Ragevortex as per austin's post, the best way currently to reach him is via email.

• Ragevortex as per austin's post, the best way currently to reach him is via email.

Thanx- mon. I just sent him an email. I'm guessing the guy is busy as heck lateley.

• Work on CocoonJS ?

• The plugin neither load in CocoonJS =(

• Nice one I like it thanks for sharing

• Uhhh, I keep getting this error:

• Hey guys, best way to reach out right now is through email - Working on expanding the team so that this is no longer an issue, just bear with me until then.

Regarding the leaderboards, there was an issue over the weekend where a lot of C2 games were having issues with them, but those issued should be resolved. Shoot me an email if your game is still having problems.austin2014-02-18 20:43:54

Hi.

I got a game on your site. I sent you some emails through your "contact us" service, months ago and recently.

You've never EVER answered my emails. I have no idea how to contact you and your service.

• austin How do i take best score from clay.io leader board and post on specific area. like i have made text for that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is the clay.io plugin becoming a little bit broken? I just saw the earlier post and I also get a javascript error. This one happens only when starting the game in IE11 - Chrome and Firefox logins are ok.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)