Tutorial|Username System

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create complex dialogues with ease with this tool/template!
  • Today i'm going to show you how to create a username system for your game!

Tutorial Difficulty:Beginner-Anyone can do it

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1:

So first of all you want to create a textbox or something where the player can put in the username of choice (if you know how to add some styling to the text box you can do it)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 2:

Now create a global variable and call it something you can remember for later!

Set the variable settings to the following:

Name:(Choose your own)

Type:Text

Inital Value:(Leave Blank)

Description:Used for username storage

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 3:

Now you have that done if you have a save and load system the variable will save and load all you have to do is if you want to display the username anywhere in your game just do the following:

Create an condition\System\On start of layout\(Text that you want)\set text\"Welcome "& SC_Account &" To the Space Connect screen"

Although you would change SC_Account to the name of the variable you created and change the text to your own!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of course you can do so much more than just set the text to display the username but that's for another tutorial.Anyways if you found this helpful then please share the post with the community and your freinds Peace Out!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • GuitarStuffz

Wrong section again, I'm afraid.

This is for the - now retired - Construct Classic program.

The Tutorial section I was referring to was linked in my post, i.e. here:https://www.scirra.com/tutorials.

• Can you delete both the threads for me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)