I need a beta tester (or two)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • > Hey man, you provide some very basic friggin sketches, I'll make your about and end screen art, and whatever else you need. I'll uber-stylize them to make them out of place enough to fit in amongst the rest of your game's art style.

>

Thank you, but they're already in place. No art, just text. Well, arty text. Well, crappy arty text.

Okay... EVERYTHING is finished... except designing the levels. The blank levels are in place, ready to go. I just have to place tiles. That leaves, oh... say, forty minutes to design two levels, two and a half minutes to test them, and two and a half more minutes to build the final, zip it up, upload it, and post it to TIGSource.

Heh.

Edit:

Ah, who am I kidding. I was close, but I didn't quite make it. I was going to stay up and finish it anyway, but I'm totally beat.

Here's a final build of the test level:

http://willhostforfood.com/files/5900079/LHiTrar

It's got music, spikes, level changing and death sequences, yadda yadda. It's basically feature complete, it just lacks real levels. If I had another hour or two I could have slapped some levels together. Maybe.

Who cares of the levels, that's just awesome! Will you ever release the cap for educational purposes? It will be useful to help people developing their games!

• Who cares of the levels, that's just awesome! Will you ever release the cap for educational purposes? It will be useful to help people developing their games!

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

About releasing the .cap though... like I said before, the .cap is reeeally messy. There's a lot of stuff in it that I know for a fact is inefficient, and often times just the wrong way to do things. The past few days have been a mad scramble to try to get things done in time, and I started to get to get very sloppy, just hacking things together as fast as I could to make it work.

But I will make a thread about how I did the basics, and the important details. And I might eventually go back and clean up the event structure and then post the .cap. But for now I need to relax for a bit. I don't think I want to even look at the game today. I've been working on it every day for the past twenty days straight, and I need a break. Plus I need a bit of time to get over not completing the compo. I'm feeling rather disappointed right now.

• >

> Who cares of the levels, that's just awesome! Will you ever release the cap for educational purposes? It will be useful to help people developing their games!

>

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

About releasing the .cap though... like I said before, the .cap is reeeally messy. There's a lot of stuff in it that I know for a fact is inefficient, and often times just the wrong way to do things. The past few days have been a mad scramble to try to get things done in time, and I started to get to get very sloppy, just hacking things together as fast as I could to make it work.

But I will make a thread about how I did the basics, and the important details. And I might eventually go back and clean up the event structure and then post the .cap. But for now I need to relax for a bit. I don't think I want to even look at the game today. I've been working on it every day for the past twenty days straight, and I need a break. Plus I need a bit of time to get over not completing the compo. I'm feeling rather disappointed right now.

If you post it, probably I or other users can optimize it

• VERY nice work mate !

Can't wait to see when it's done !

• How did you get this game to not blur the pixel art when it is 2x the size?

Did you use zoom instead of resize window?

• [quote:391c3fzk]How did you get this game to not blur the pixel art when it is 2x the size?

Application - Properties -> Sampling - Point

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:3djhimmt]How did you get this game to not blur the pixel art when it is 2x the size?

Application - Properties -> Sampling - Point

I wish that would work for the window

• You can always zoom the entire display.

• Yeah I was just wondering if that's what deadeye did.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)