CHAMBER (working title)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • You can have a 2 frame animating one lol

• really impressive...

The engine is good, the only thing that I tink must be worked is that damn holy wall jump... it's so annoying, sometimes I try to go left to right, but it's more easy if I just try jumping in the same wall until the top...

• really impressive...

The engine is good, the only thing that I tink must be worked is that damn holy wall jump... it's so annoying, sometimes I try to go left to right, but it's more easy if I just try jumping in the same wall until the top...

Yeah it's a bit broken at the moment. I can do it perfectly, but only because I made it lol. xD

If you simply hold jump and don't touch any directions, you sort of "automatically" jump up sections that are narrow enough.... it's only when you do longer wall jumps that you have to try and control left and right.

Deadeye is going to work on it soon to improve it... I think he has taken it on as a personal challenge xD

~Sol

• Deadeye is going to work on it soon to improve it... I think he has taken it on as a personal challenge xD

Mission accomplished!

(Direct) Download -> Chamber v0.89 (willhostforfood)

(Not a direct) Download -> Chamber v0.89 (fileshack)

What's new in this version:

• Smoother scrolling system - no more "pop" when doing a handplant
    • New "Look" controls: press Down at any time to look down
    • New lava/fire animation system
    • Completely revamped walljump
    • New blood particles (they'll probably be changing again soon )
    • The game now defaults to 800x600 to start instead of 1024x768 (you can still change it in Options)
    • A bunch of behind the scenes stuff that you probably won't notice at all including little tweaks and bugfixes and other crap

The wall jump is pretty easy (I think). Just keep Jump held down, and rock the Left/Right arrow keys back and forth. The nameless chick can only perform a wall jump if she's sliding, so if you keep missing your jumps then just slow down. Seriously, it should be pretty easy though. Oh, and you can now walljump off of (almost) any wall.

What's yet to come:

• More traps
    • Damage/death system
    • An "adrenaline" system where constant movement builds up a power meter, and when the meter maxes out you get temporary invulnerability/bullet time style movement
    • A dynamic music system where the intensity of the music ramps up as the adrenaline gauge fills (music courtesy of Drasa )
    • 100% custom sprites (courtesy of Sol )
    • A name and backstory for the nameless chick (well, maybe)

Preliminary tests on the dynamic music situation have been promising. The music will be split into separate tracks that all play simultaneously (to keep sync) but will be muted/unmuted as needed. Drasa has been hard at work composing a new song for this system.

Feedback is more than welcome! Let us know of any bugs/weirdness/issues you have with the game.

• that download link aint working for me Deadeye

• that download link aint working for me Deadeye

It's a Fileshack link. You can't just right-click/save-as. Click the link and download it from the Fileshack page.

• come on u think im that dumb? lol i click it and then click the Download This File link and nothing happens, not sure why

• come on u think im that dumb? lol i click it and then click the Download This File link and nothing happens, not sure why

Sorry man, I didn't mean anything, it's just that it downloads fine for me . Anyway, I added a second host, go ahead and try that one.

This one is a direct download -> http://willhostforfood.com/files3/82053 ... r_0.89.exe

• i wasn't serious, but the second one works for me thanks

Great my comp is having download problems <.>

• Weird visual error with tiles shifting by 1 pixel causes gaps. I'm pretty certain that is a Construct issue though, right?

• Weird visual error with tiles shifting by 1 pixel causes gaps. I'm pretty certain that is a Construct issue though, right?

Yeah, it happens in every appliction.

The game is taking shape really nicely.

I had problems will the wall jump, though. I could never do it.

By the way, how did you get the camera to move up and down so smoothly?

• > Its looking good guys. Drasa, what did you make that tune in?

>

Yeah, I'll be working with CHAMBER's musics now

But what program did you use to make the music?

Yes and no. The large gray bg tile in Chamber can be fixed by making the texture a power of 2. I just didn't bother. (I'm not really concerned about graphics right now, and most of them are likely to change.)

But there is another, as yet unknown reason why bg tiles shift around and cause gaps (if this happens on your computer you might notice the "sidewalk" looking tiles jumping around), and yeah it's been reported, and I pray to the almighty Construct Gods that it's fixed soon

The game is taking shape really nicely.

I had problems will the wall jump, though. I could never do it.

By the way, how did you get the camera to move up and down so smoothly?

To wall jump, just press the opposite direction while you're wall sliding. Once you start your jump, let go of the key you were holding to slide. That's what I mean by "rock the keys back and forth." You don't ever have to let go of the jump button.

Oh, I also fixed the wall jump bug where you can just jump straight up one wall. You have to alternate walls now (or at least jump away from the wall and back to it, you can't just slide up the wall ).

As for the camera, here's a hint: It's actually following an invisible object

• As for the camera, here's a hint: It's actually following an invisible object

Yeah I figured...

I made a nice smooth camera using the RTS behavior.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > As for the camera, here's a hint: It's actually following an invisible object

>

Yeah I figured...

I made a nice smooth camera using the RTS behavior.

Ah, I see. I didn't use a behavior. I did it with this:

+Distance (scroller.x, scroller.y, PlatformMover.ImagePointX("scroll"),
     PlatformMover.ImagePointY("scroll")) Greater than 1
       -scroller: Set X to scroller.x - (((scroller.x) - 
        (PlatformMover.ImagePointX("scroll")))/8)
       -scroller: Set Y to scroller.y - (((scroller.y) -
        (PlatformMover.ImagePointY("scroll")))/8)
    [/code:34n53qva]

This makes the scroller scroll towards the target by 1/8 of the distance each tick.  There's two image points on the platforming object, one above, and one below.  I just change the target the scroller scrolls to depending on whether or not you have the down key down (when going towards the lower target it actually moves 1/12 the distance, unless you're falling, then it's 1/8).
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)