Bugs (Engine Demo 2 - 8/31/09)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • No slowdown here either

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Davio: The bullet is actually independent of the animation. It fires from the center of the character to the mouse cursor, so it can be 100% accurate. You are right though that i'm trying to hide the fact that he doesnt have 360 aiming directions so the gun can be slightly off from where the bullet is actually going.

Lucid and Madster: Thanks for the benchmarks. Madster I got your specs from the hardware thread.

• Maybe I'm spawning too many at the same time? Too many collision checks?

Don't know, I've never really used instant hit bullets that much. If you're checking every tick then yeah, it might be too much. You could probably get away with every 20 milliseconds and folks with fast computers might not even notice the difference, but you might have a huge performance bump from it on slower computers. It all depends on how you're doing it, I guess.

• Looks nice, nice graphic and effects. I've looked for bugs and...

When you press ctrl fast repeatedly the character will start sliding. Similar is when you keep shooting and start pressing ctrl.

When a mantis reaches the right corner, it flyes of the screen.

There is an animation glitch while running and throwing grenades. The player splits in half.

• Thanks Noga, I'll add those to my bug list.

• Just wanted to post up a new shot of the game and give a brief update. I've been working hard on Bugs, and I've made tons of optimizations and tweaks. I think its running pretty well. Enemies are also moving around and attacking now, so I hope to have a new demo up soon to get some gameplay feedback.

I think the pic is too big for the forum, so click on the thumbnail if you want to check out the full size image.

• Great Graphics and game. Keep up the good work.

• Here is the latest engine demo for Bugs. I ended up scraping the entire project awhile ago and recoding and reorganizing everything. I think it's running much better. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Download Bugs Demo 2

Controls haven't changed but I'll paste them here from the first post.

CONTROLS

d: move right

a: move left

space: jump

ctrl: roll

mouse: aim

left mouse: shoot

middle mouse: throw grenade

right mouse: melee

• I like demo 2.

The stage looks great.

the controls keys are to far away to work together well with the mouse.

all in all you have great game play, graphics, but no sound.

I look forward to the next demo.

• It's awesome. Really well done. If you create some interesting story and cool levels that will be a hit!

PS: running animation is the same when runing forward and back.

• Wow, this is very beautiful indeed!

With a variation of different bugs and challenging levels this could become really awesome. I want to see more!

Oh, the running backwards thing looks a little awkward, especially when you're not shooting.

• Thanks guys.

The running back animation will make a return soon. I had it in the previous demo, but haven't put it in here yet. I also have to do a roll backwards animation. I'm trying to do more with the game design first before I get caught up in all those polish details.

Toralord: Which control keys are too far away? If you mean the roll, I can hit that with my pinky while moving around and shooting etc. Maybe Im just used to FPS games. I'm hoping to use Lucid's custom controls plugin so users can define their own keys anyway, but if i can make the default keys any better, I'm open to suggestions.

• Toralord: Which control keys are too far away? If you mean the roll, I can hit that with my pinky while moving around and shooting etc. Maybe Im just used to FPS games. I'm hoping to use Lucid's custom controls plugin so users can define their own keys anyway, but if i can make the default keys any better, I'm open to suggestions.

well for me the keys a to far away. I never played a FPS game on PC so I don't know the keys.

I play emulators, online flash games, and other pc games.

anyway the keys.

space: jump

ctrl: roll

I would like to see.

space Or w: jump

s: roll

The pinky gets on love at all.

• In Bugs Demo 2, sometimes, when the player dies and I click with the right button of the mouse, the player be normal, but without life bar and weapon. However, it fires normaly. This should be a bug.

• I agree on the key placement, it did not seem natural to me at all.

However, the game on the whole rocks!! This is really sweet and looks like it could be a commercial game demo almost. You've put some nice effort into this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)