G'day. This little project is something I'm planning to do for my Multimedia major, and right now, I'm using my time to get a proper feel for Construct and get a platforming engine in general done. Let me give you an overview of what I have right now, and what I have currently planned.
As you can see, it's a platformer fan-game (the fan-game part is mostly because I'm no artist), I'm going for a Metroidvania style. What has been implemented at the moment:
- Multiple characters - Julius Belmont, Ashe, Sonic (though the system used to implement this may not be so sound, Ashe and Sonic don't have full animations since I'm leaving that till later)
- Crouching (Albiet not exactly that good, and Sonic's crouching doesn't animate fully)
- Sliding for Julius (Doesn't work that well, animation-wise)
- Attacking for Julius (the method I've used... Isn't working too well, and there's something stopping him from attacking most of the time, Ashe and Sonic will be easy as heck to do, though)
- Movement between rooms (doesn't actually work beyond the first room due to a certain variable not changing at times)
- Sonic Rush Adventure-style cutscene (though it forces you to alternate between left and right clicks, I haven't figured out how to do it otherwise)
And there's supposed to be a pause feature, but that doesn't work either.
- More characters (Wario and Rayman come to mind)
- Enemies (Anything that doesn't need multiple parts, unless there's a method for that)
- Interactive NPCs
- HP, MP, upgrades and all that jazz
It's not much, and I've kinda hit a brick wall with the room changes, and I seriously need to re-do Julius' attack, but... Of course, this is early days, I'm new to Construct, but what the heck, I can always ask you guys for advice when I need it, eh?
.cap file for "version 0.01"
Edit: Oh, bugger! Controls!
Move: Left and right arrows
Crouch: Down arrow
Slide (Julius): Down+Space
Attack (Julius): Control Left (Don't expect this to work without much messing around)
Cutscene controls: Alternate between left and right clicks