warping issue

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • hello everyone.

finally decided to join up, eventhough i have been using construct for a long time now. i was browsing through old threads and i found a brilliant .cap i started to study. im talking about this thread:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/picking-the-correct-object_topic47952.html?KW=sonic

i have to say the example in that thread is genius and offers alot of good learning material, it was pretty much what i was looking for really, so thanks to the person who made that .cap. rest assured, i wont be copying the platform engine shown there, merely using it as a way of learning stuff and overall educational material.

but all right, on to the issue at hand:

here's the slightly modified .cap from that thread i mentioned:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11157144/SonicConstruct-edit.cap

as you can see, the problem is that strange warping behavior when the player gets in a tight spot. the player warps upwards instead of just stopping, and the problem is really tormenting me, i can't figure it out on my own. i would ask for advice directly from the .cap's creator, but it seems he hasn't been active for a good while now, so i decided to ask for all your guidance. if there's anyone out there who would be willing to help with the issue, you have my thanks!

also i have to note, that .cap should really be added as some kind of a tutorial, the engine is really great i think. though i guess it would be up to the creator. its just a shame seeing something like that go to waste.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without delving into the events I'd say the quickest fix would be to:

1. Add an invisible solid box in these tight spaces to keep the player out.

or

2. Avoid level designs with situations like that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)