Respawning and other things

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hello

I have more or less just started to learn the art of making games, and I'm having some difficulties figuring out certain things out. One of those things is respawning.

How do you do that? I guess it has something to do with the event sheets, right?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you want to restart the whole level, you can use the System action "Go To Layout" and go back to the layout you're on (layout 1 is 1 and etc)

Otherwise you'd need to reposition your object and reset any global variables to what you want them to be initially. Can you describe the style game you're trying to do a respawn in and I can make an example?

• Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying to make a plattformer and I would be more than happy if you could make an example. :)

• I think you have to give more details about your "respawning system". If you want to reset whole level you can use "go to layout" as Jayjay said. If you want to create a object when enemy died, you can use system action "create object" when enemy destroyed.

Here is my poor physic arrow example with respawn enemy. Hope this can help you.

dropbox.com/s/eoxyzt9hfq6oc6s/Arrow.cap

• My goal is to make my character respawn from the beginning of the level if he falls down a pit of get hit by a enemy.

I have more or less been copying the "Plattformer School" way of making event sheets, so I have made two sprites. One of controls and one for animation. It looks something like this:

Main:

1. Start of Layout: Character: Send to front

2. Always (every tick): Character: Set position to Object player(image point 0)

Animation:

1. Player 1 "D" is down                    :Character: set to 0

(invert condition) Player 1 "A" is down

2. Player 1 "A" is down                    :Character: set to 180

(invert condition) Player 1 "D" is down

3. Player is walking:   character: set animation to "Running"

4. Else: character: set animation to "Standing"

5. Player is jumping:   character: set animation to "Jumping"

6. Player is falling:   character: set animation to "Falling"

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)