question about saving and loading

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • i made a level editor and i can save and load files (levels)

but it saves the file WITHOUT the extension i want

so when i want to load the saved file it doesn't recognize the file:(

so i can only open it with "all files" and not the extension i made

i used this

"Save File|*.save|All Files|*.*||"

its the same format as the example in the info bar at the top of the window

i hope someone can help me:)

• i realy need this help becaus my school project depends on it(almost:P)

ohh and i have one other simple question...

how can you let the screen scroll with the mouse and not with a object??

hope someone can help me:D

• Sorry I don't know the answer to the first question, but I can help with the second.

Make a sprite that is invisible on start. Make an event that always sets this sprite's position at mousex, mousey. Then give the sprite the "center view on me" attribute.

This is one way of doing this and it may not be the effect you wanted, but I'm sure there is another way.

• Make a sprite that is invisible on start. Make an event that always sets this sprite's position at mousex, mousey. Then give the sprite the "center view on me" attribute.

That'll give you funky results.

Here, I made a quick example of simple mouse scrolling. It's not timedelta'd and it uses a sprite object instead of pure math, but it's the easiest way I could think to do it:

http://willhostforfood.com/files3/74640 ... olling.cap

It only scrolls when the mouse is in the window, and the further away the mouse is from the center, the faster the screen scrolls.

• thank you deadeye and chezzy

chezzy's idea works only a little to FAST:P

deadeye's demo was very usefull but you cant realy stop it if you wand to place a object( i am building a level editor) its always scrolling:P

im now trying to combine the 2 but help is alway's welcome:D

and if someone knows my save/load problem please help me:)

thanks again

• deadeye's demo was very usefull but you cant realy stop it if you wand to place a object( i am building a level editor) its always scrolling:P

So add some kind of other control to it, like a mouse button you hold to scroll or something. It's just one more condition to add.

Not sure about the save/load thing though, I've never used that feature. Hopefully someone can help you with that.

• How does the saving work? Ive actually built a level editor complete with camera, and zooming so any questions I could more than likely handle. If you post your cap I could give you a better idea on how to do it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ok here is the cap file

dont look at the graphics they are still in the making:P:P

look at the event editor for all the controls

http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=9118GXRQ

• well i came across a other problem and i thought i can put it in here as well so i dont have to create a new topic:)

when i try to load a image into the canvas my application crashes

here is a screenshot of what i did

please help me with this(and my other problem:P:P)

• when i try to load a image into the canvas my application crashes

When you say "crashes" do you mean that the System: Close Application action runs?

• no it doesnt close it like i put in the events it really crashes

here is what it says

an unexpected error occurred and the application was terminated

then i checked the debugger and came with this:

• Hmm, I'm afraid this one's over my head. It sounds like a bug though, you should consider reporting it the the tracker. (click "Add new artifact")

• Okay I looked at the cap It loads and saves everything fine you just need to find the file. dont worry about the extension. As long as you can find it in the file it will load correctly. you could name it .man an it will still load.

but as for the rest of it.... It is reall poorly constructed. You should try to Get some comments in there for people to read your code better

When you start making objects it will create too many to fast and bog down the computer. Try making it so it will create one tile at a time, and letting the user create the object and manipulate them once created.

• i know what you mean:P:P

im changing from "paint" level editor to a level editor with blocks and platforms

it was really just to look how to place objects in real time and then play it

well thanks all for answering my questions:D you really helped me!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)