load button crashes game

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Casual UI Button #3 is a customizable, ready to use desktop and mobile-friendly game UI Asset.
  • I have a simple problem but I can't solve it...When I try to load a game after I saved the game....everything is fine...but if I try to load the game if the game hasn't saved yet the game crashes..I want the load button to be dysfunctional if there is no file saved yet...but I want it to be functional when a file is saved

• does anyone at least have an example with load/save with buttons...How do I tell the engine not to load anything if there no file saved yet?(you just started the game)

• Unfortunately, the number of 'active' users who still support Construct Classic is very, very small.

If you keep 'bumping' periodically, hopefully one of them may notice and be able to help.

• does anyone at least have an example with load/save with buttons...How do I tell the engine not to load anything if there no file saved yet?(you just started the game)

I would try and recreate your game inside construct 2 if I was you, It's free so there is no reason not to.

And as there is much more help as a lot more people use it.

• use the file plugin , it has a 'if file exists' function

• no that doesn't work...when I close the engine and reboot it...the file still exists but when I try to load the game it either crashes or acts like it doesnt exist. I might have done it wrong...can you give an example?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is there a way to do this using ini files or something?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)