Road to 1.0 - what's to be done

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Set of street and road Background to make pixel art game.
  • simple one, fix the scroll bars in the editors.

• a find string option in the editor : so I could find where I use my variables
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Find and replace finds variable names.

It does not, however, always find object names. Could that get fixed?

• The Flipping of Hotspots/Action Points. As of now, when you flip the frame, it doesn't flip the hotspot. Also. Object folders, just saying.

• Reporting this a a bug, but I'm not sure if I'm the only one. Construct crashes at times and I'm not sure what cause it, but the crash seems to happen when removing a angle from the animation editor.

• Saving needs to be sorted out, when using system save to file and load file to save and load game states, on load copies of objects such as lights end up in completely different positions to where they should be.

• -There are a lot of things "Undo" and "Redo" don't work on, like changes to an object's animations or properties. Also ctrl+y doesn't do anything.

-The picture editor should remember any modifications after closing. It's really annoying to have to resize and reposition it every time it's opened.

• Construct still has the odd screen draw bug/error. When I'm running the game. The sprites looks deformed or appears to cutting...

• I love the feature of flipping things with minus dimensions, but I believe "per pixel" collision stops working when a sprite is flipped. Box collision still works.

• I love the feature of flipping things with minus dimensions, but I believe "per pixel" collision stops working when a sprite is flipped. Box collision still works.

Yea, I would love to see this fixed.

• I'd really like to be able to include fonts, or at least do what GM does: render the font to an image.

Possible licensing issues seems a silly reason to not have such an important feature, and setting up spritefonts is a massive chore.

If we're stuck using spritefont, make it official, and simplify importing images.

• I don't know if this is too much to ask, but making "find and replace" usable? I quite often run in to events and think "In what way and where did i use global('pause')" and then i look at the find and replace-button with sad puppy eyes before i start plowing through the endless mass of events.

• Saving needs to be sorted out, when using system save to file and load file to save and load game states, on load copies of objects such as lights end up in completely different positions to where they should be.

It also freezes the platform movement in my game (not reproduced in a clean .cap though). It's the first time now when I've come to the point in a game where i need to be able to save, but to encourage people to finnish games without too much trouble this feature should work flawlessly.

• I don't know if this is too much to ask, but making "find and replace" usable? I quite often run in to events and think "In what way and where did i use global('pause')" and then i look at the find and replace-button with sad puppy eyes before i start plowing through the endless mass of events.

Now that is an excellent example where I want to step up onto the soap box and rally to the DRY cause - Don't Repeat Yourself. There is also DIE (Duplication Is Evil).

There is a lot of duplicated code in event sheet and stuff, mostly because event groups are a bit bulky to work with and function object (functions, aliases) is dodgy as well as unreliable (considering that it actually executes after the tick or something, when I need conditions or actions to be checked the very tick).

It would be a boon if Construct strived toward DRY code with improved code abstraction

• > Saving needs to be sorted out, when using system save to file and load file to save and load game states, on load copies of objects such as lights end up in completely different positions to where they should be.

>

It also freezes the platform movement in my game (not reproduced in a clean .cap though). It's the first time now when I've come to the point in a game where i need to be able to save, but to encourage people to finnish games without too much trouble this feature should work flawlessly.

Agreed but I don't know if I just am too inexperienced to know about saving in Construct, I can't find any tutorials about how to properly set up your game for saving, I would love a tutorial where you had 3 save slots at the start which loaded states saved from a complex environment. It works well when build it with a few basic sprites but when I try to apply the same method to my project it messes everything up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)