Road to 1.0 - what's to be done

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Set of street and road Background to make pixel art game.
    • The "Game has been modified. Do you wish to save?" popup still doesn't appear after modifying events, animations, etc.

-Sometimes when clicking on an event or condition, every event in the editor is highlighted. Scrolling up or down fixes this, but it can get annoying.

• Hotkeys don't work in the animation editor (Not sure if they're even supposed to, but it would be nice..)
  • Finish the Object folder so we can drag objects out of them.=/

• don't know if this has been fixed in 0.99.95

when a text object is inserted, to change the font we have to write the name of the font. It would be better to have a drop down menu since many times some fonts have very long names and remembering them or copying them is tedious.

• don't know if this has been fixed in 0.99.95

when a text object is inserted, to change the font we have to write the name of the font. It would be better to have a drop down menu since many times some fonts have very long names and remembering them or copying them is tedious.

Amen! We need more fonts, too. I've been wishing for Westminster. I type it in but it doesn't go, so I guess it's not in Construct.

I haven't used the later version of Construct, and please forgive me if this is already possible... but is there any way possible that we can get this to make life easier:

Ability to take any number of images and fasten them together into a group, so we resize them inside the layout all at once by pulling the corners of the image target.

This functionality is in the Wix website builder (wix.com). You should really check it out. A lot of its layout editor functions would be a Godsend in Construct, especially for building presentations more efficiently.

• [quote:3imcxetu]Amen! We need more fonts, too. I've been wishing for Westminster. I type it in but it doesn't go, so I guess it's not in Construct.

you have to add those fonts to make them work. Download the fonts and paste the font file in Control Panel>Fonts.

• [quote:3fadssho]Amen! We need more fonts, too. I've been wishing for Westminster. I type it in but it doesn't go, so I guess it's not in Construct.

you have to add those fonts to make them work. Download the fonts and paste the font file in Control Panel>Fonts.

Not the best way of having to do it, unfortunately. It'd be nice in that case if the fonts the game uses were self-contained in the application - although that then opens up a licensing can of worms (plenty of free/open source fonts out there though - e.g., the Google Droid family).

• Not the best way of having to do it, unfortunately.

Indeed. Right click on the file, select install. It's actually the same thing, as Windows recognizes the fonts folder as a "special" folder.

Also, your game will probably need an installer that installs said files (I haven't tested it).

I suggest Spritefont. It looks prettier anyway

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is possible during design mode to make 'F5' keyboard buttons as "Project Run All" shortcut by default?

As Visual Studio user, I accidentally clicked the F5 button to Run the project many times!

• [quote:12ivdzck]Indeed. Right click on the file, select install. It's actually the same thing, as Windows recognizes the fonts folder as a "special" folder.

Also, your game will probably need an installer that installs said files (I haven't tested it).

I suggest Spritefont. It looks prettier anyway

you mean right now if we export the game, we also have to bundle the fonts with it??

• Yeah, and a lot of fonts don't let you redistribute them if they aren't unable to be extracted from the application. Not to mention the text object doesn't word wrap punctuation properly, anyway.

Use sprite fonts.

• & GetDisplayY

& MouseVelocityY

Flags

Fixed Families

'Browse...' button in 'Construct: New action' window (always, when user want to generate file path)

Fixed collision mode changing in Event Sheet Editor (it won't work)

on 'Events' tab on the top menu will bring view to 'Event Sheet Editor', like clicking on 'Layout' will bring to 'Layout Editor'

Flags

Fixed Families

'Browse...' button in 'Construct: New action' window (always, when user want to generate file path)

I don't understand what you mean by any of those. Care to elaborate?

[quote:18u8tbh6]@GetDisplayX & GetDisplayY

ScrollX, ScrollY?

[quote:18u8tbh6]@Clicking on 'Events' tab on the top menu will bring view to 'Event Sheet Editor', like clicking on 'Layout' will bring to 'Layout Editor'

while there are caveats here (I might be looking in an event sheet that has no associated layout when clicking the 'Layout' tab), I guess this could be useful. I never use the ribbon though, just for debugging... but that's just me.

• & GetDisplayY

& MouseVelocityY

Flags

Fixed Families

Fixed collision mode changing in Event Sheet Editor (it won't work)

on 'Events' tab on the top menu will bring view to 'Event Sheet Editor', like clicking on 'Layout' will bring to 'Layout Editor'

I think for your first point you either want ScrollX/Y as mentioned, or maybe the Window or System plugins. Flags is probably something you want from MMF2 (they're actually called booleans). They would be nice but aren't necessary as you can just use more variables.

I agree that I want Families working, they're kind of broken or at least unstable right now.

• Ooooh here's a thing I'd love to see completed on the 1.0 version:

In the timeline object, it would be nice to have a way of switching the lines' order up and down.

Right now if you forget to add a line in the middle of your timeline... Too bad! You have to shift them manually, one by one!

• a light enhacement for editor readability would be nice.

Perhaps changable font size would be a nice feature, not only for comments but for commands, too.

(Or is it implemented already somewhere?) Currently I use the editor at 800x600 for having readable editor commands.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)