Download Construct 0.99.6 (unstable)
This is an
unstable build. You can help Construct's development by downloading it, trying it out, testing and reporting bugs. If you have projects you want to work on without possible bugs getting in the way, stick to stable builds.
Link to previous build (0.99.5) changelog
A fairly small update to keep things ticking over, since a few of these fixes have been sitting around done for a while so they may as well be released. Sorry there isn't more, we've all been very busy lately and it's hard to find time to work on the project. Nevertheless, the changelog:
Event sheet editor
- [CHANGE] System object: 'set global filter' action was removed, it has had no effect since 0.99. Loading .caps which use this action will automatically remove them.
- [ADD] XAudio2: expressions to get channel pan, volume and frequency ratio (omitted by accident)
- [FIX] XAudio2: crash in freeing sounds from cache (could cause changing layout or closing application to crash)
- [FIX] Sprite: crash using 'Load animation from file' and destroying a single instance of an object
- [FIX] Text: crash on exit in Application runtime
- [FIX] Canvas: crash in 'paste object in to canvas'
- [CHANGE] Sprite: distort maps now tile the texture when distorting outside the texture area. Allows for sprites to be used as rotating or animated tiled backgrounds.
- [CHANGE] XAudio2: 'Attach channel to object' could have had an effect when attaching to a channel which is not playing, when according to the documentation the channel must be playing first.
- [FIX] Per-pixel collisions could sometimes cause intermittent crashes.
- [CHANGE] Error message on systems not supporting the game's resolution. Sometimes this mentioned 100000x100000 (woops!) whereas now the message states the resolution is not supported.