Construct 0.94.3 released

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • So you can go file - new template, and open and run the templates? Is it purely inserting objects that crashes?

It would be useful to know your graphics hardware - if it's onboard, the GPU model or just motherboard model, too.

• Yep. It just seems that it only effects the graphical objects. Sprite, background, picture list, etc. All except for the movie object, it crashes. I can insert any other object i want. But, if i insert one of those, it crashes.

Heres my specs from my general info

HP

AMD Athlon(tm) xp Processor

2800+

797 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

If i try to click on a premade sprite from an example, that crashes as well. It must be something with your editor or whatever. If it helps, i can rung C&C Generals and Zero Hour on my laptop with no problem. The title of the error says its something to do with the c++ runtime library.

• I still need to know your graphics hardware if you can find it out, for example nVidia GeForce 8800.

• NVIDIA GeForce4 440 GO 64M

Couldn't find it there for a sec. BTW, would it have anything to do with the pixel shader or something? How would i check that out?

• I think your card is quite old and my best guess is it runs out of VRAM when the picture editor opens, which is the first thing that happens when you insert/double click a sprite, tiled background etc.

Could you open a template and hit F7? It should show a VRAM report, something like:

---------------------------

VRAM usage

VRAM usage by Construct:

8.34mb textures

15.01mb targets

23.35mb total

Approx 707 MB texture memory remaining

OK

(I think the texture memory approxomation might not be in 0.94.3)

I've had other reports of people running out of video memory on 64MB cards, but I can't work out why - the textures used by Construct should only add up to a few tens of megabytes.

Also, it would be useful to know your screen resolution. It's possible turning down your resolution (eg. from 1024x768 down to 800x600) could help.

• I started to have problems with one of the spirtes and the program than crashes. and "You Require to open this file" pops up when I open my file and I cannot edit it again. Whats wrong with it? is it a problem with the program itself? I lost a huge program I was trying to develop on.

• Sorry for the late post, here it is:

0.50 mb textures

6.01 mb targets

6.51 mb total

Not sure why you need that. As seeing, it would be a blank project, with no other objects. Just try to plug in a sprite, and it crashes. Does having the error code help any?

Oh, and it is 1024x768. I'll try and rescale it.

EDIT: Just tried it. Same thing.

• I used to own that card. I had shared video mem as a motherboard feature eating into my then-awesome 128 megs of ram. Check your bios to see if this may be part of the problem.

• [quote:3mf24huz]I started to have problems with one of the spirtes and the program than crashes. and "You Require to open this file" pops up when I open my file and I cannot edit it again. Whats wrong with it? is it a problem with the program itself? I lost a huge program I was trying to develop on.

Seems to I need to do create 2 diffrent files with very diffrent names and hopefully if it crashes I do not loose the whole game. I still don't know what causes the program to crash

It's perhaps when I do alot of editing and running the program, it seems to cause it. I also think it could be that the test application never closes that when you edit the game it starts to crash and than renders your file useless with a You Require to open this file issue. I know somebody else here has this issue.

Though other than that I have no clue how to fix it.

• This is the first version I've tried in depth - I am very happy to see such a technically competent and well designed implementation of the click concept!

I particularly like the event sheet editor design - Everything is designed for speed, with find as you type, good event constructs (Or, For loop, etc), inline expression editing and a well designed syntax.

Since this project is open source, there is huge potential for this project to be improved by contributors.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Burkey, long time no see

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)