Construct 0.94.3 released

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Why, I do believe you're right

Anyway, after testing out the bumps (first priority of course ) I checked on the Platform behavior... looks like it's back to normal as far as movement goes. No more loss of momentum or wall stickiness.

Just a heads up though, the gravity directions Up and Left don't work (but Right works like a charm). Also, when changing it via events it shows up as "Air control" instead of "Gravity direction."

• bumpmapping bug.

in the event editor when i go to the "bumpmapping" tab on an object with bumpmapping enabled in effects, construct crashes. almost 50%+ of the time.

• bug (possibly from previous versions as well)

When I change the colour of the background in the properties bar, as soon as I click off the selector, it reverts back to the original colour (using application mode). It works correctly when you make a DX9 game layout.

• I've found a critical error. I worked about four hours on a platformer engine, and i saved in two different places to be soure i didn't loose it. When i closed construct and tried to open one of the saves in any of the places it gave me the error message "You require to open this file". I think it's amazing how construct manages to crash all backups of your program, no matter how well you've hidden them. It was nothing wrong with the code either, since construct didn't crash, i closed it myself. I'll send the .cap to you ashley along with information about another problem i've run into.

• I'm sorry you lost the work; did you not enable autobackup during development?

It's much more likely that stuff in-memory went wrong and then was saved to both sources than anything else, though with the .cap I'm sure Ashley can find where this happened and hopefully fix it.

• From time to time i secured the work by saving it in another place. I had like 50 backups. All of them where ruined at the same time.

• I was translating an old platform engine from mmf to construct when it happened. I'll continue working on my ideas in mmf in the meantime.. I think i'm about to finnish the hunt for the ultimate platform movement AI Btw. What does the specific values in the platform movement means (like jump strenght, gravity, etc? if i know thy are accurate, i might be able to use the in-built platform movement instead. I'm using my own cuz i know exactly how it's working.

• so i haven't been using construct for a while (mostly because of final exams) but i just installed this latest version and wanted to say that i really liked the icons for the cap files =P

• Fix unpacking resources for the app runtime for 95 please! It is only when you export to exe.

• Small bug : Scaling while holding shift didn't work properly when i tried from the top right vertex. Not a big problem, scaled properly from the top left.

• Small bug : Scaling while holding shift didn't work properly when i tried from the top right vertex. Not a big problem, scaled properly from the top left.

Confirmed, but I think I know why. Anytime object is rotated 90 degrees (and other rotations) via its common properties, shift-resizing goes haywire.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So, i was all "yeah im gonna try contruct again, its cool and much more stable than before" crashed within like 5 mins

• > Small bug : Scaling while holding shift didn't work properly when i tried from the top right vertex. Not a big problem, scaled properly from the top left.

>

Confirmed, but I think I know why. Anytime object is rotated 90 degrees (and other rotations) via its common properties, shift-resizing goes haywire.

Nope its not about rotating, create sprite then dont change angle then try to shift-resize with up-right and down-left vertex it goes nutz, with changing degree you just changed the vertex position.

Edit: Ow Yeah when resizing with that buggy vertex it somehow trying to have the same summatory x and y, for ex. when i made 100x100 sprite and changed his resize it went 10,190 or 50,150 to have summatory of x0+y0=x1+y1. Freaky!

• I crash when trying to give a private variable to a Sprite object.

• Fate must like to shaft me. After using fusion 1.5 for 5 years, i decide to check out the demo of version 2. Which had the same false '30 day trial' message that 1.5 did. I think nothing of it and use 1.5 and demo v2 at the same time. When i open 1.5 after a short time, a new 30 day warning appears. I didn't think about it and, after a while, it LOCKED me out. So i was a bit bummed and still thought i could use demo v2 like i did 1.5. Nope, it locks me out a few days later. Crap, i thought, there goes my hobby. So, i sit around depressed for a while and then i remember seeing something about construct on a forum post. Delighted, i search a bit and find it after a few secs and download it. I open the program, start a dx9 game project, and try to insert a new sprite. I get this message:

Microsoft c++ runtime error

Program error

Program-->filepath---> construct.exe

-R6025

-pure virtual function call

Construct then procedes to crash and close down with a send error report message. Everytime i try to add a sprite, or tiled background object. With every project type. I can look at the tutorials, but i can't add anything else to it. Same message.

I'm hoping i missed something during the installation process cause i'm going to try to reinstall it. I'm not sure where else to put this. Im using xp btw, if that has anything to do with it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)