apply sine bahavior to skew x and skew y

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • It would be awesome (and seems missing) if I could apply the sinbe behavior to the scew x and y.

thanks

• just do this by hand

1. create a global variable angle which goes from 0-359 then resets when it reaches 360 (or just use the timer system expression, i use the variable to avoid taking sin of a huge number once the game has been on for a long time, your call )

always ==> set skew x to sin(global('angle'))*((how much you want it to skew by in either direction)*(1/timedelta))*(timedelta)

• thanks much for the tip. I'll try that.

But the same could be done for height, width, x and y position, yet those can all be selected in the behavior itself.. why not continue the pattern and put the option for skew where it seems to be missing? I know I'd apreciate it.

• There is a request feature on the tracker.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=207820&atid=1003219

• well skew is not a very used feature. sine behavior was meant for simple movements, and many more parameters could be theoretically added to it, but then the plugin gets clunky.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • you do realise you can make sine movements using events rather easily don't you?

set skew x/y to sin('PV FOR PERIOD')*('PV FOR RANGE')

the period is controlled by a number from 0 to 360, 180 being 50% 90 being 25% ect.

to add randomisation just randomise when you set the objects pv's to something

start of layout:

set PV 4 range to 100+random(100)

set PV 4 Period to random(360)

this custom sine can be applied to anything.

what you should be requesting for the sine behavior is to get the current value its returning, so that that can be applied to anything. oh yah and an option for "no movement" in addition to height, horiz mov ect.

• Well it's easy to add, about 2 lines of code, so I don't see why not.

• I think it might be better if the sine behavior has a 'value only' mode, where it simply stores the value of the current oscillation. Then you could do 'always - set <anything> to self[sine].value' or something like that. Skew, private variables, meshes, can do anything that way.

• I think it might be better if the sine behavior has a 'value only' mode, where it simply stores the value of the current oscillation. Then you could do 'always - set <anything> to self[sine].value' or something like that.

Argh, just when I was getting the hang of using real sin and cos. You're enabling my math retardedness!

• That sounds like a great idea Ashley

• That sounds like a great idea Ashley

t'was my idea

[quote:jh1r3sox]what you should be requesting for the sine behavior is to get the current value its returning, so that that can be applied to anything. oh yah and an option for "no movement" in addition to height, horiz mov ect.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)