[Updated] Vyrnin: Hako - Looking for feedback!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Vyrnin: Hako is a Sokoban-style puzzle game where you absorb elemental energies to cast spells and manipulate the environment.

This is a prototype to test some of the primary mechanics and see if the overall concept has any promise.

I'm planning on continuing development in 3D and would love to get some critical feedback if anyone would like to try it.

construct.net/en/free-online-games/vyrnin-hako-58487/play

• Through the 5 unique layers that I've played, gotta say its atleast an 7.52/10. Yes it is meant to be that precise. Overall lots of work was put into it and it was special. <3

• Through the 5 unique layers that I've played, gotta say its atleast an 7.52/10. Yes it is meant to be that precise. Overall lots of work was put into it and it was special. <3

Thanks so much for playing!

• Looks like a fine prototype. One thing that I absolutely suggest are levels that are on the easy side with few elements just to demonstrate how the mechanics actually work and slowly introduce them. It took me a few minutes until I somewhat had an idea on what I'm actually doing and was able to solve levels, but if you were to ask me now to explain how exactly the mechanics work, I couldn't tell you.

Another suggestion is a rewind feature that lets you rewind step by step. Trust me when I tell you that people 100% expect this to be in the game and will get frustrated if it isn't.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks!

My goal is to teach the player how to play without written instructions, but it's difficult to view it from the perspective of a brand new player, so that feedback is very helpful!

I was afraid that a rewind feature might be necessary! I could imagine how to do it in a static world, but with enemies that move independently of the player I fear it may be beyond my ability.

Maybe it could be solved by allowing the player to pull blocks in addition to pushing, so they could undo their actions to some extent?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)